ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Arm Rolling
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject:

[quote="(Forged Youth)"]hey people on here that are in NC, how far are you from Huntersville, cus thats were im staying right now..[/quote]

I'm in Greensboro which is about an hour to an hour and a half away.
T0dd

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm just beginning to try arm rolls. I'm finding that I have the best luck starting with the ball in cradle, directly in front of me. I then simply move my arm (and turn my body a bit) straight to the side, more or less out from under the ball, letting it roll along my arm, and I try to let it roll off to the outside so I can catch it. It's similar to what Cannonballjames describes, in that I'm using inertia rather than gravity. For some reason, it seems to work better with my left arm; rolls all the way to the elbow. On the right arm, there's a tendency for it to roll to the inside and fall off. Tilting and using gravity to do rolls seems pretty advanced at this point. I think if I can get the hang of inertial rolls, I should be able to move to stalls. Then I can think about gravity rolls. And butter.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2024 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I also found a larger ball works better for learning, since like balancing anything, the larger surface area and higher center of gravity makes it much easier to adjust your arm and keep it right under the ball. I use a 6" often when learning new arm/body roll stuff then work it down. I learned first elbow to palm, which I would say is probably among the easiest to learn because you can control the speed completely. I just held my arm at my side with my forearm palm up and parallel to the ground, and I held the ball at my inner elbow before I could balance it there without holding it. Then I'd just let go with my left hand, and pull my right arm straight back under the ball still parallel to the ground, and caught it in my palm. That's the first one I learned, that way I could gradually pull my arm back slower and slower and learn to balance the ball better as it rolled.
DJ Velveteen

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget to keep your arm fairly straight! That's the trick that led me to getting it (after a long time spent rolling the ball everywhere except my elbow).
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: