New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Card manipulation
Author: MattMan 
Date:   05-25-02 16:31

Not really related to traditional CJ, but does anyone know some good sites for card manipulation? Not tricks, mind you, but things like flourishes etc.

Thanks all
-Matt

Reply To This Message

Re: Card manipulation
Author: typhon 
Date:   05-26-02 15:56

My juggling guru's (the friend who taught me to juggle) first art was card magic, its hard to explain what he is doing, but check out video footage of cardini doing his stuff and that is what my friend can do but nowhere near as good.

Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-26-02 19:27

I'm sure shifty has some sites you could check out, I'm surprised he hasn't put anything up yet, since all he does is sit at home and wait on this site, oh and juggle a bit I'm sure. :-)

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: Shifty 
Date:   05-27-02 05:18

Yeah I do Card manipulation of both the Closeup and Stage styles. If you are looking for things such as flourishes, I am sorry to say the internet is not the best source. Magicians don't like to tell their secrets.. And when they do tell them, its for money. The internet isnt exactly profitable for them to start teaching online now is it? :) However I can recommend some good videos and books if you would like to learn, or if you don't have the money, Give me your email address or your AIM name, and I will tape some videos for you and send them for you to learn. If you are only looking for flourishes and not whole "tricks",Then I would recommend looking for

The Art of Card manipulation Volumes 1-3 by Jeff Mcbride (Video)

Card College volumes 1-6 by Robert Giobbi (Book)

The art of card manipulation by E.S Anders (Book)

Card Technique volume 3 by Lennert Greene (GREAT video, but very hard to find)

Expert At the Card Table, Cannot remember autor. (Book)

All 5 of these sources are great tombs of knowledge for card flourishes. Thumbfans, 1-2 hand fans, cuts, false cuts, running cuts, showers, one handed shuffles, 2 handed shuffles, false 2 and 1 handed shuffles, kips, passes, crimps, steals, palms. Hell I could go on and on. If you are just starting out, and know nothing about card magic, start with Card College 1, it takes you step by step starting with the basic holds and such.

WEll that should do it for now. If you need more help, or want me to make you some videos let me know, I'm around here as Micky pointed out.

Shifty

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-27-02 06:19

I knew he had something :-)

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: MattMan 
Date:   05-27-02 23:10

Thanks! I'll look some of that stuff up - I think there's even a place in town that sells some of it. I was just hoping for some skill-building for free! I don't have AIM though, so I'll try to get some of this before troubling you for videos.

-Matt

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    Learn a new move...Congrats!! Now reverse it..