New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 areotech
Author: ian pugh 
Date:   05-13-02 08:50

i got my areotech "globall pro" in the mail on saturday just in time to take it out to work with me. i didnt have a free moment to look at it until late that night, and let me tell you, this ball is the coolest thing. its not perfect, but its a damn incredible thing. i had a custom color choice made so it was a bit more expensive (i got a green and blue ball).

this ball really draws a crowd, it can be seen from blocks away, and it is very bright(each color has three different brightness settings that can be operated independently). i must say i am incredibly please with this ball, and i plan to order four more...gonna have to work on smoothing out the three ball plalmspin without touching.....

there are a few things i'd like to see improved on withthe ball, the first being size...its only ~2.5, i'd love to have a bigger ball, but when its lit up, visibility is not an issue....second, i wish they had a cover to hide the plug end where you recharge the ball...i plan to make my own. the balls are rubber, so they will be difficult for plamspinning, but at 2.5 inches, this is less troublesome. third, the ball has a seam. its not very visible, but i wish it wasnt there.

all in all, this ball rocks!

ian

Reply To This Message

Re: areotech
Author: silver 
Date:   05-13-02 10:28

nice aren't they, you should see their clubs......and staffs.......and poi.......

worth every penny!

Reply To This Message

Author: Rob 
Date:   05-13-02 11:33

I contacted Aerotech a while back asking if they had any plans to make a ball with no charging socket, that charges by placing it in an electromagnetic field.

They replied:
"We are making initial inroads into electro magnetic charging but no firm date has been set for production."

I reckon these would be quite popular, and if a lot of people express an interest it may be speed the process up a bit.

The trouble with simply covering the charging socket is that you would still get the same dark spot on the ball, so visually it would not make much difference. (that’s what I have found with the Mathmos balls that have a cover over the charging socket)

The next version of the programmable globall will include a pc link up so you can program your own sequence without having to stop and tap the ball to change between menu options.

Rob

Reply To This Message

Author: ICU812 
Date:   05-13-02 15:10

where can I find this ball? I have no clue what we're talking about here.

Jacques

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle

Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-13-02 15:25

www.globall.com
There ya go Jacques.

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: ian pugh 
Date:   05-13-02 22:37

the silicone plugs i made for my mathmos balls look 100% better than leaving the socket end uncovered, mabey the material you used and the degree of transparency didnt work for you, rob.

Reply To This Message

Author: ICU812 
Date:   05-14-02 04:53

Thanks Mickey :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle

Reply To This Message

Author: Rob 
Date:   05-14-02 10:44

Ian, I didn't actually cover the socket myself, the Mathmos balls now come with a rubber cover over the socket with an x-shaped slit that allows you to push the charger plug through. Your right, this material is not very transparent, but the charging socket itself inhibits the light from the leds from diffusing as evenly around that area of the ball, creating a darker spot when the ball is switched on in the dark. I agree that this is still a vast improvement over having a gaping hole there without the cover. The silicone plugs that you use do sound better from a visual point of view than the thin rubber cover now included on the balls.

I know that the glow of the aerotech balls is more even than the Mathmos balls, (at least with the ones I have anyway) but I still think that you could get much closer to an illuminated ball with no reference points on it if there was no need to have a socket at all. With no obstructions, the glow could appear more uniformly spread over the surface of the ball. That’s why I would be very interested to see a ball which could be charged in an e-m field.

Rob

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   05-14-02 19:24

I heard that a Japanese company was producing balls that were charged via e-m field. I have not been able to find any proof of this, though.

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    Begginers, dont show off !!.