ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Multiball - what size, clear or translucent color?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fndrjazz

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Multiball - what size, clear or translucent color?

Hey everyone,
I want to get into multiball stuff...
I was considering 2.5 inch balls (4 to start with)...does that sound right?
Also, I'm not sure if I would rather go with:

Clear
Colored - all the same color
Colored - different colors

I'm leaning toward all the same color...
What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks,

Brent
su2po

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:

i started with four clear ones, then i bought a really nice emerald green one cos it looked pretty and i found that it helped me with my isolations maybe cos it gives you something to focus on, its helped with other stuff aswell tho i dont know how or why, maybe its just me. i like spinning with the coulered one but i still go back to all clear when im doing four ball snakes and the like. =D
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject:

This should help: http://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/Book/Multiballsizechart_appendix2.pdf

Personally I prefer the slightly larger 75mm or 80mm for multiball because of the visual effect. Also all clear looks very nice, but you can make some great effects and illusions with two clear and two colour.

That book is very good for multiball teaching and for inspiration check out the 'In Isolation' DVD

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I started with 2.5" clears, but bigger ones definitely look better if you can do them. I've always loved the look of clears, but yeah, some stuff you can't tell what is going on as easily if they're all the same. Actually, a set that I've recently come to want are clears with glitter in them. At first I thought they wouldn't look neat because you could tell the balls were spinning, but after seeing someone use them it was amazingly cool, I think. The spheres still looked stationary, and as if the glitter was just floating around inside on its own. To me, it had a very neat look to it, and now I want a set. I'm sure there's lots of places you can see different colors and sizes in action, but I know the "Playing in the Multisphere" dvd by Try Out Toys has some amazing work by lots of people with different sizes and colors, if you want to compare how they look visually.

Personally, I think all clears will forever top my list of favorites though.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: