Multiball Contact
ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New from PA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pourtant

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject: New from PA

Hi!! I just bought my first contact juggling ball a week ago and it arrived in the mail yesterday.. I haven't been able to put the ball down since I got it.. However, it seems that I am not getting any better at some of the tricks.. Such as the one I'm working hardest on accomplishing, the Butterfly..

Ahh!! Sorry for blabbing.. Let me introduce my self.. My name is Alexcia, Alex for short.. I am 19, and from Pennsylvania.

Anyone have and suggestions or tips for beginners?
Redster

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi, Pourtant.

As a beginner myself, the best advice I've been given is to take it sloooooow. It might sound boring, but if you do things really slowly, then they're easier to learn because you're making less mistakes.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the tutorial vids. Briney's examples are really helpful.

http://contactjuggling.org/wiki//1_ball_tutorials
Saulie

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Check out the Essay section. It has LOADS of advice on starting out with the butterfly. It seems to have some kinks, so just skip ahead a couple of pages on the essays section.

But here is the essay on "The first Five"
http://contactjuggling.org/mx/?page=6&mode;=article&k;=19

saulie

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
Pourtant

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a bunch! I'll check them out. And yes, I think Brine has some great videos! The problem with me I think is how I hold my wrist.. When I try the transfer, the ball ends up falling off my hand..

I'd imagine that CJ would take a lot of time and practice.. But it seems like a great hobby.

Many thanks.
dirtyballs

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject:

hello, n welcome.

Ive been revisiting the butterfly this week as mine is quite jerky, or just looks like a windscreen wiper.

If the ball is falling off your hand, practice just holding it there while you do other things like surfing the internet (or tea drinking). Keep it up and you'll crack it.
Saulie

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 4:52 pm    Post subject:

LOL. I lost a keyboard by practicing by my computer... So be warned that your acrylic is much more dense than your mouse, keyboard and monitor. Though most towers can take a dent or two depending on the brand... lol

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
Pourtant

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 3:42 am    Post subject:

HaHa! Thanks! Actually, after I posted that, I was practicing holding the ball in my left hand and it fell a few times.. I write with my right hand, but I have more control with my left hand.. I've been practicing "fingertip to palm", and I have less mess ups with my left hand than my right..
Redster

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Saulie - I just bought one of those heavier stage balls Drew was talking about, and suddenly had a moment of 'zomg, this is way heavier and denser than my mr babache ball! No way is it safe to play with THIS one near my laptop!'
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: