Multiball Contact
ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
[video] Videobrine (almost 1 new videos)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject: [video] Videobrine (almost 1 new videos)

(NEW) Cardboard Cathedral at The Forest Cafe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e86liLOBcsY

(NEW) Contact Juggling at tePooka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBcbUuOxA5Y

Entertaining at the launch of Harry Potter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDKG1WuU2CE

Exploring isolation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msq3Bwo6sk0

My holiday to Wales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkIPEdOTMA

Old videos...

Some multiball and isolation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNGJzi_O8U

Contact around edinburgh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3OETnNbz0

multiball continues:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPPN4nP8Z_E

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE

Last edited by PorcuBrine on Tue Oct 09, 2024 12:37 am; edited 7 times in total
sou

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2024 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I like these a lot.
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I loved the first one. So pretty and I so need to DL some Roisin Murphy. Good work mate.
mot
admin

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

Nice one, a good watch. I'd listened to both of those numbers on my computer this morning Cool songs, nice juggling.
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Ah, leaps and bounds, things are smoothing off nicely.

Liked the editing, Edinburrrr sure looks pretty!

You'll have to change your location to Edin brrrr once the winter sets in properly

Thanks for those!
Spare

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Excellent stuff, I immediately picked up my box 'o' acryllics and started playing, which has to be a good sign.

Nice to see some 5 ball stuff too, there's not enough about at the minute.
PorcuBrine

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

yeah man, 5 seems to be the magic number, (at least until I pick up another acrylic) there's so much scope for interesting variations. If anyone fancies sharing some 5b stuff it'd be greatly appreciated.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
sclose

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Lovely! The music was spot on too! Props.
PorcuBrine

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

just a wee update

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
juggling1

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject:

so is it easier to do a 1 hand palm isolation with a 4in ball
crystalTHEfairy

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
just a wee update

yyyyyyyuuuukkkkkkkkkkkk
PorcuBrine

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2024 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Another one

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Dude. that video was cool. That was the first time in ages I'd actually sat and watched a whole video without looking away for a while through boredom...

I love the bit at the end: 'Sorry Drew...' That made me laugh.

The feedback... That looks fun. I must say, when i saw Drew's foundation video, it didn't intrigue me as much as yours did as to what can be done with 'visual feedback' is it called? maybe it was your exchange of visual white noise for colours... Anyway, that effect, that's how your snakes should look...

I'll give you a couple of tips that I have on my own personal list of practice hints:

When you use two colours for a snake as you did, put the opaque balls on the ends. Just a tiny subtle thing, but makes all the difference. the snake looks longer then, and has a nicer defined beginning and end. two opaque balls in the middle and clear on the ends, makes the eye see it as shorter, and blah blah... check it out for yourself, and make your own answers as to why it looks better...

Line twists: I keep telling myself: Straight line, utmost importance. That's where the illusion lies. Also, think about where you're moving it to. For me, multiball should be structured. If you're using that move to go from one side to the other (I do a bit) then imagine your path... if it's not to move the line from one side to the other, make sure it stays in the same place. The only direction I'm happy with mine moving is maybe up and down, so that I'm not twisting my body up in a horrible way.

Your antispinning was ok, but when you take it out of the original pattern, think about paths of travel. if a ball moved that way once, then logically, it should move that way again. *Exactly* that way again, and you're really messing with people's heads. your circles were different every time, and not in a pleasingly logical way. *insert Spock Emoticon*

Slow down. Need I say more? oh all right then, some Cliché: Slow and steady wins the race.

Snakes. DAMN hard to get good. just ask Drew. but, some advice: The break in the middle is the first No No. Spacing should always be even. You have the hand movement technique thingy for the helical curl bit ok, but the motions are the easiest bit. again, paths. damn hard. Isolate!

I had a huge paragraph about my love/hate relationship with five ball, then I read it back and realised it sounded silly. All I will say to keep an eye on, is the 'spare' ball. Just picking balls off a stack here and there, and picking one ball up and placing it where needed, I don't like it. Try to make all the formations melt into one another... they should seamlessy change into one another.

I hope you wanted some constructive criticism... If you didn't, Don't let my words put you off. In fact, don't let anybody's words put you off. if you think there's something cool there and nobody else does, it is your mission to bring them round to your way of thinking. I had the following conversation in a field in Bristol once:

Me: I need to learn to slow down. I move too fast.
BMore (sp?): Bullsh*t. you don't need to learn to slow down, your audience needs to learn to watch you faster.

You're definately on the right track, and going well. Keep it up, Buddy! Nice video too. more like this please!

Hope to see you again soon! We need a big CJ gathering again in the not too distant future, actually...

Oooh, Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions towards multiball. Obviously there's no right or wrong way to do or learn things, all that matters is that you enjoy what you do. Although, some paths are quicker than others...
PorcuBrine

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2024 12:36 am    Post subject:

I post videos so I can improve and it's really great to get in depth criticism. To be fair a lot of the stuff you mention is already in my head but it's going to take a while to reach my hands.

I like to think of the feedback as infinite snakes and yeah info on snakes noted, I've been putting quite a bit of practice into them since the video but need so much more.

Also at the moment I'm unsure about antispin, may leave it on the back burner and come back to it later see if it can click in my head.

Thanks again

Also I don't know if any of you know who Dylan Moran is (watch Black Books if you don't, seriously it's good British comedy) but he liked my performance at a gig tonight, my hours of practice seem almost worthwhile.

Plus I got to serve him cake

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE

Last edited by PorcuBrine on Thu Dec 21, 2024 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Spare

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2024 12:45 am    Post subject:

Given that Ed's picked up on pretty much every piece of constructive criticism I thought of whilst watching that, I'll just congratulate you on a really good multiball vid. Definitely stealing some of those moves. Did I say steal? I meant... nope, I'm gonna steal them.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: