Multiball Contact
ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
America's Got Talent (and/or foreign versions)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paradox
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: America's Got Talent (and/or foreign versions)

we need some of you guys on these shows! personally, i think we should set up a Ferret AGT Fund and send him to America's Got Talent. but some (ok, a lot) of you guys are really good, and it would be great to see somebody break CJ into the mainstream (or at least help it out a bit more).
GreenMonk

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject:

If I'm not mistaken the first season of AGT had a contact juggler. The judges didn't like it though apparently. There was only a brief clip of the guy doing it during a montage of several acts.
T0dd

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject:

CJ isn't entertaining enough, in the sense that AGT wants. That is, they want people who can come back week after week and do something new and different. Singers do new songs; dancers do new dances. CJers are going to have to do pretty much the same moves. Regular jugglers can create more variety by juggling different objects, doing comedy, making it dangerous, and so on. And even so, they tend not to do well on AGT either.

I think the only way CJ could "build" in the way they want would be in the direction of multi-person routines of greater complexity and visual impact. I don't know how much of this sort of thing has been tried. Seems like it could be new territory.
su-nami

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:

i agree with tod if your not young hot and shaking your ass they're not interested and i dont think iv ever seen sexy contact
theres an irish version of this show, well its more of a rip off its called glas vegas (glas means green in irish, cheesy i know) a friend of mine did it hooping and they loved her, she had a baby doll character all pink and fluffy but she got sick of it and whent to the last one all cyber punked out of it, that was just alittle too edgy for them and not cutesy enough so she didn't win which she was quite happy about cos she was just trying to prove a point, its not about talent its about a certain image. sad but true

Dark night of the soul.
Kerry

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
i agree with tod if your not young hot and shaking your ass they're not interested and i dont think iv ever seen sexy contact

Oh! A lot of us have...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jL-FXZqmoE

If that isn't sexy...

I don't know why, but I tend to find all kind of jugglers/fire breathers boring on TV...
kerry(at)contactjuggling . org
http://www.myspace.com/puka_gruagach
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:

Yup, I think a lot of people are confusing Contact Juggling with good contact juggling.

There's more to this than just pulling off a few moves.

My posts are written with a sense of humour. Please read them with one.
splinter

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject:

[quote="su-nami"]i agree with tod if your not young hot and shaking your ass they're not interested and i dont think iv ever seen sexy contact
theres an irish version of this show, well its more of a rip off its called glas vegas (glas means green in irish, cheesy i know) a friend of mine did it hooping and they loved her, she had a baby doll character all pink and fluffy but she got sick of it and whent to the last one all cyber punked out of it, that was just alittle too edgy for them and not cutesy enough so she didn't win which she was quite happy about cos she was just trying to prove a point, its not about talent its about a certain image. sad but true [/quote]

that was emilie i say wasnt it!! i knew it
su-nami

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject:

tis amelie, yes it was and i missed it, darn it. do you know if i can find it on t'internet?

i cant watch the yuotube link now cos its barred from my college computer, that and all hte networking sites but i cant wait, sexy contact sounds intruiging

Dark night of the soul.
Thorn

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Kerry"]

Oh! A lot of us have...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jL-FXZqmoE

If that isn't sexy...
[/quote]

Excellent visual aid there, Kerry. ^_^

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Random threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1