ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
CJ at school??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elven Baller

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: CJ at school??

I'm in highschool, and just wondering if anyone has ever just played around durring classes to waste time, if so what did people say?
Somnilocus

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
played around durring classes to waste time, if so what did people say?

Lol, when people do stuff like that, it's not to waste time. P: It's to see what people say. I personally haven't... *puts on concerned elder hat* that's what time BETWEEN classes is for; class time is for doodling.

But I'm guessing you'd get comments from the teacher like "Put that ball away! Detention!" and the classic "Mr. Teacher, Bob's playing with his balls again. He said we can touch them if we don't believe they're real." from the teacher's pet. People tend to have the same sorts of reactions no matter where they see you doing it.
Brickmaster

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject:

When I was in highschool I always carried more balls than books and I always used the balls more often (mainly toss juggling).

And no it wasn't for practice. It was show off!

And everybody loved it!

Brickmaster
Cybele

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Brickmaster"]When I was in highschool I always carried more balls than books and I always used the balls more often

[/quote]

same here ^^

one time a teacher actually consficated a ball from me, i eventually got it back though

if i decide to pass time during school with my balls i usually get a good response and i dont mind others having a go

ive even been asked to do few performances at school too
Somnilocus

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
one time a teacher actually consficated a ball from me, i eventually got it back though

Yeah, that's the other thing... pisses me off when that happens. xD I would be stressed out, tearing my nails up, hyperventilating until I got it back. xD

Also, I don't trust all the little fools around to not take my stuff. *wags finger*
dirtyballs

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject:

i bring my balls to lectures so i can palmspin in the boring ones and ive had some interesting incidents with tutors.

one used my balls to demonstrate something about the immune system , but i was too worried he would drop them to pay attention to what he was saying!

Another was intrigued, as he does qi-gong and tai-chi, and commented on how similar our movements were
bluemoon

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject:

Of course I cj at school! well, I did it between classes, and more often before my backpack threw off my balance. oh well. and when classes are really boring, I palmspin under the desk. it's funny to watch the teachers try not to be distracted by it. but by now all my teachers are used to me juggling in class. One of my old teachers actually said he missed having me in class, and I'd been juggling, and I dropped the ball, and he said he missed that too, lol.
Dizz
Not so Normal

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:

hah! I offered to teach the drama teacher how. I'm still waiting for him to make time.
su2po

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Somnilocus"]
Quote:
played around durring classes to waste time, if so what did people say?

Lol, when people do stuff like that, it's not to waste time. P: It's to see what people say. I personally haven't... *puts on concerned elder hat* that's what time BETWEEN classes is for; class time is for doodling.

)[/quote]
i agree whole heartedly, class time is for doodling.
iv been out of school a few now but i do cj in college during class cos i sit at a computer all day (hence how im here so much lol) nobodys said anything to me so far but its early days yet
paradox
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject:

cj at school was where i got most of my practice from. unfortunately, it also got people seeing me before i was any good, which makes them less amazed by it
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject:

i love juggling at school. i dont do it much anymore, but its a good time. i love teachers reactions.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: