ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
What are Clear UV balls like in late afternoon/night?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somnilocus

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: What are Clear UV balls like in late afternoon/night?

I heard that they get a soft sort of glow? Does anyone have any pictures/videos?
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject:

hmm... mine really doesn't look all that different from a normal clear unless I'm under UV. A very slight violet tint maybe, but nothing noticeable. Of course, the nice crack I got in it from dropping it on a rock shows up like its glowing... *grumbles* don't think I have an evening pic though, just a daytime one.
http://people.tribe.net/07666460-25f8-4e36-bee7-637c57a9e3d5/photos/a6ac2c8c-d375-4c58-8421-259f7f951bf0
Somnilocus

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject:

Cool, I like the look of them during daytime. Anyway, I was just asking because I had ordered three clear and one lime from NeonHusky. Well the order has been delayed countless times because they didn't have the clear ones and the supplier kept messing up... so he e-mailed me today to let me know he "upgraded" my clears to "clear" UV... which kind of annoyed me because I wanted CLEAR clears. Now I'm wondering if they're going to look like they're glowing when the sun starts to go down while my lime one won't look any different... >.<
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject:

ahh, it shouldn't be noticeable I don't think. If you really want clear non-UV and he can't get them, let me know, I sell them in my store. But I think you should be fine with the UV's. unless you have a normal clear and a uv clear side by side, most people won't even know the difference. they're not glow in the dark (though those are available, and are REALLY cool!), they need the blacklight or uv light to cause them to glow.
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject:

They don't glow, they just get a slight violet tint to 'em, but only if the light hits it at a weird angle. I dunno how to put a picture in my post or I'd send you a picture I took of mine with the sun right on it.
Illumilatte

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject:

The slight violet tint makes them prettier in my opinion. It's very slight...but it makes them look more like a bubble I think. My clear looks so drab next to my clear UV It's grayer. Bleh.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

in late afternoon evening, the ambient UV light makes the colour appear brighter.

For clears, this give them a beautiful blue tint.

If you have other UV reactive balls, the ambient light will bounce of them too, and they will appear brighter. Lime sounds UV reactive to me. so yeah, they will all look brighter in ambient UV.

Trust, you won't be disappointed with your UV clear. In fact, I can foresee a larger set coming your way in the future...
simon_a
simon

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject:

i have some and they have a slight tint in the day and my frend has one wich is brighter than mine in the day????
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: