ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Cannonball James

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject: Cannonball James

Well, if this doesn't get lost in the sea of intros and people actually run across this... I'm Cannonball James, the sphereplaying pirate. I actually just got into it a couple months ago after seeing Kittie of TryOutToys walk past my booth at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival playing with a 4" stainless casually and effortlessly, and decided I'm going to learn that. Until then had only seen people that weren't all that good, and not inspirational by a long shot. So, I picked up a lacrosse ball, got the hang of it really fast and realized this is something I'm going to do for a LONG time... so, I started hunting suppliers, found one, and now am the largest supplier of spheres in the area. So, if you happen to live in the vicinity of Branson MO and are tired of having to order spheres online all the time, I've got a wide variety of sizes and colors, instructional dvd's, etc. I'm planning on working up a new video to illustrate my progress, for right now I've got one I'll be posting on youtube (I'll add a link once its posted ) that was shot at my 3 week mark. Nothing too fancy, but for 3 weeks, I'm fairly pleased. In addition to my retail store, I am a street performer at the Branson Landing shopping district doing freestyle sphereplay with the music or the fire & water show they put on each hour.
munkie

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject:

very nice, welcome to this site, everyone here's very friendly, im sure you'll feel muchos happy here. you say you street perform? so what else do you do then? im into poi and juggling too. not very good at any of it. but im getting there
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I have a retail store also, in name its a skateboard store, but its really more of a "whatever I think is cool" store... I sell boards, yo-yos, dragons, swords, homemade incense, body jewelry, and sphereplay stuffs. I also work at renaissance festivals.
Saulie

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Cannon. Welcome. I lived in KC for years. I was the first CJer at the KC Fest. I have worked for the KC Fest for 6 or so years.

And now I move to VA and the CJing in KC just explodes...

Just about anything that you would ever want to know about Cjing you can find here...

welcome again.

Saulie

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject:

When did you leave KC? This season was my 3rd year working that show, Michigan was my home show prior to that. Though I don't cj as an act at KC, just for fun and to get peoples attention to come to my booth. I'm also good friends with the people at the Sphereplay tent, so I send people that way and help out with lessons when it gets slow up my way sometimes. This is TryOutToys first year to visit the KC show, and it seemed to go over really well. Hopefully next season we'll have a fan club come back to see us.
Saulie

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Lets see.... Last year and this I have been away with military.

Year befor that was "Esmeralda" senario year I was was called in at the last moment to fill in as a Footmen for the senario, also was my last year as the Mr Romance Dancer.

Before that I was in the Pirate Senario as the lead Pirate "reef". And was also the Mr Romance dancer.

Before that I was part of a "Dance troup" and did a LOT of CJing that year. And also Did the Mr Romance as the dancer.

And have been several roles there for several years prior.

I tried as much as I could for all that characters that I could to do a little CJing. But it was often difficult only having 30 minutes or so where I am not scheduled to be somewhere in the scenario;s...

saulie

Which booth did you work at?

Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I run the Somewhere In Tyme booth, family name histories and coats of arms, the first booth you come to at gate B. You should try to come back next year, even if just to visit, now that there's a crew of other cjers in canterbury.
Saulie

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I remeber that booth. Up next to the costume trailor and magic stage...

Loves Christmas Day
(LCD)

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 11:21 pm    Post subject:

There be pirates afoot!

Hi Cannonball James, welcome to dotorg.

I saw your 3 weeks video, wow! Excellent control!
Look forward to seeing you progress!

And Saulie, by 'military' do you mean 'in the navy'?

I'm sure you're a pirate...

Quote:
Before that I was in the Pirate Senario as the lead Pirate "reef". And was also the Mr Romance dancer.

Whoa, it was staring me in the face..
Saulie

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 11:53 pm    Post subject:

lol. Yes. Navy.

Illumilatte

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject:

I'm from MO, and my family still lives up there. I don't come through there too often, but next time I'm driving maybe I'll stop in I want a 4" ball, but I am putting it off trying not to spend the money...plus I've already spent a lot in delivery fees.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Right on... well, give a shout if you're going to be in the area, and I'll see what other locals could get together, its always fun to SP with others, pick up new techniques and such
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: