ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonny C

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2024 12:25 am    Post subject: New Guy

Hey everyone. Im the new guy. Pretty much to just contact juggling in general. (I actually dont even have a ball at this point).

Anyways, im 16 live in Toronto, Ontario (CANADA). I like to skateboard, play videogames, chill with friends, girls, girls, school leadership program, rugby, working out, graphic art and girls.

Basically I want to learn to become a really good contact juggler. It all started a while ago when i met a guy in a trip to Denver, just chillin contact juggling. And he never told me what it was called but, offered to sell his warn ball to me for 60 american dollars (which never happened im not retarded). Anyways since then ive allways wondered what it was called and been trying to research it. I only found out what it was called when i decided to search crystal ball balancing on youtube then started finding videos of people who do CJ'ing.

Those people then said "Duude go to contactjuggling.org its tight". So i did and here i am

I guess my first question is, anyplaces to get them in Toronto for a reasonable price. And whats a good ball to start off with i only want to use the single ball too not more then one.

I was thinking 3 inch or 2.75 or something? My arms are not that big

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2024 3:55 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the community.

I can say one thing for you and your interests.
It has been my experience that any sort of fire play or contact juggling can catch the attention of girls in a heartbeat.
Well that and a charming personality.

Just don't let it go to your head. 3 girlfriends that don't know about each other is a volcano on the verge of erupting.

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

-ee cummings

http://www.myspace.com/kitsune_whisper
Loves Christmas Day
(LCD)

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject:

Welcome!

I'd plump for the 3 incher if I were you, you don't have to have big hands to be able to control one, and visually they are much better too.

Have a nice time here, it's a wealth of info for the beginner.

Use the search button on the long grey bar near the top of the page and it should answer your questions, or just ask us!
Jonny C

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2024 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Well i got the personality but, doubt ill be able to get to the skill in contact juggling where im impressive ahha.

And yeah i think ill go for the 3 inch too. My hands are pretty big too. But still if its going to be easier then ill go for the 3 inch

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 4:56 pm    Post subject:

hey, I'm from Toronto as well! If you're still interested in buying a ball, theres only one local shop that I know of that carries acrylics, its called Browser's Den of Magic (google it). They carry 3 inch balls for around $25, which is a good price even for a ball that you would normally have to pay shipping for additionally. They're located at Eglinton & Bathurst. Have you checked out any juggling clubs around Toronto? PM me if you want more info. Cheers!
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

3" is good, I learned with that. I usually recommend 2.5" to 3" for starting out, depending on hand size. Hold a sphere in your palm look down at it. if you can't see both edges of your palm, I'd get a smaller one. Acrylics have the best look, but can break things if you're not careful. (i.e. tiles, windows, glass coffee tables, toes...) a stage ball still looks good, but is safer. Weight is a little lighter than preferred, but still plenty playable. They're also less expensive.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject:

oh....a bigger ball can be easier to learn arm & body rolls. I used a 6" learning chest rolls, then worked down to smaller ones.
Illumilatte

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject:

Welcome! I hope you're enjoying this place, there is so much to learn here it's a great resource!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: