ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
From Montreal to the world!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sylver_cat

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: From Montreal to the world!!

It's been two days I had subscribe and I'm too chicken to introduce myself properly.... so, now or never:

Hiya!

I'm new to the marvellous contact juggling world but not entirely new to contact itself. How to explain... I started two months ago in a three months trip to Scotland where I met Briney (hi!!). I had a nice/handsome teacher (I'm a lucky girl, I know) to help me in the beginning. Now that I've been left to myself I hope to find something like a second home in this forum. I have no contact juggling friend on this continent...

So, if anyone live near Montreal..... send me an e-mail, ok? (Sylver_cat at hotmail.com) It'll be MUCH appreciated! (and for those who doesn't know where it is.... let's say... Montreal is in Quebec, which is in the east of Caaaaaanada, which is in north america, which is far away if you turn left, but really, really far away) Before I start babbling about myself, let me apologise to all sort of writing/spelling mistakes that shall occur in my posts: my first language is french. I'm from the unknown and mystic breed of french canadian. But I aways wish to improve my english!! (that's a substile way of saying: ''Please, could you correct me if I write something wrongly? Thank you!'')

What to say about myself...
-I'm studying in Creative Writing full time...
-Working part time in an hospital as a cleaner...
-I'm 20 years old...
-Presently practicing isolation madly because it's cool and I can just not figure out armrolls... (still trying.... one day I'll have them!)
-I love cats ^.^
-I really like all contact juggling including fists... (even better if isolated, but it's hard)
-I'm a tribal bellydancer... (it's a full time passion)
-Got something that could count as a formation in ballet jazz, and some unrecognised qualifications in modern dance...
-My favorite toys are 2 beautifull (and really big) red fans and a pair of Sagats (a.k.a. zills or finger symbals)
-I own a 100mm acrylic (my first and only) and a weird green practice ball (it bounces like a stage ball, but it's heavy as an acrylic one... The shop call them ''economic contact ball''. Not too sure what it is, but it goes well so I like it)
-I'm the third child (the only girl and last one) of a couple celebrating their 28 years of marriage this year...
-I love my cat! Her name is Nami and she's blessing you with her picture in my avatar :p She's a incredible 3 years old stray cat I took in.

I think this is it... I'm kind of expecting alot from you guys (and all the information hidden in the forum) since I'm really on my own now. I already learn alot in two days! I hope I can get along with the community.

Hope you'll take care of me.

sylver_cat

Last edited by sylver_cat on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject:

Hey dood!

Welcome to .org!

You like cats?
We likes cats too.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/

also search for the Vancouver Rain thread around here on .org.

Keep posting! it's the best way to find the cool new videos!
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject:

helloooo

yay the site is working now and I can say 'bonjour' and offer a big welcoming hug and a cup of tea, any kind of tea. You can make other people jealous here, by telling everyone about some of the immense contact that we managed to see during the festival (I'm not including myself btw). In fact you possibly had the most inspirational introduction to contact imaginable.

So a pretty girl with an exotic accent who is learning top of the head stalls and isolations... yup I think I'm a little bit in love

I'm wondering if anyone has seen these practice balls before? (I'm now the proud owner of 'Idge' possibly the only one in Britain) They are 100mm plastic balls that weigh almost the same as a 100mm acrylic, difference is almost unnoticeable, plus it's slightly spongy and it bounces like anything.

Anyways, glad you made it mate, hope you find the site useful. Also what did I say about Canadians and Cats? It seems like a national obssession if this board is anything to go by.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
sylver_cat

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for your warm welcome.

daydream : I went to see the site and I spent a hour laughing at those pictures! (well, not all of them, but quite alot) Thank you ^.^
I stopped at page 15 (there is 115 pages, and each one has around 5-10 pictures.... that's toooo many) Some were cute, some were funny, some were just weird. My favorite ones are the ''Lego kitties'' and the ''i licked a funny stamp''

Briney: Merci for complimenting my accent but I still don't think it's ''exotic'' :p Told you I bought Idge II ? And if you want a flashy red or a dark blue one (don't ask for the yellow, it's a yucky yellow) I'll gladly send them to you.

What else what else? I consider myself a blessed child in front of the mighty world of contact juggling because I could meet so many talented people in one summer and had the chance to observe them.... I have to go back in Edinburgh next summer. I just need to find a way.... hum....

Finally, my top of the head stall is still in intense training but some of my isolations are starting to look good So I'm a happy girl.
Themistocles

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject:

wow... i can tell you liek to type ;P lol anyways welcome to this site
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

awesome! glad you liked those... watch for the Vancouver rain thread - the rainy seasony is on its way!

ohhh bri, i want tht ball you speak of!
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject:

well dawn as far as I can tell they're a canadian invention, you'll have to ask sylver-cat the actual name of the shop but I believe it's in montreal somewhere. They're very nice toys though, stageballs that bounce for the win.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
sylver_cat

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject:

for that ball... the shop is called 'Vallet de coeur' and is situated in St-Denis street in Montreal. They sell them 18.18$CAN (with tax) and have 4 colors: green, red, yellow and blue. They call them Economic contact juggling balls. hum... Well, I bought two balls there and the first one was more round then the second one. It has a small flat surface on one side... but the other side is perfectly round. Since it's made of compact rubber, there is probably a way of softening the flat.

Here's their web address: http://www.levalet.com

Right now my firewall is mixed up and randomly block web sites... so I couldn't check if they do shipping or not...
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject:

Oh yah... Go montreal!!! I was born there! weeee!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: