ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
back-of-the-hand isolation
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject:

wow that sole bridge thing is freaking crazy. OUCH. he prtty good though. i like his exstenstion of mills mess. i can do the regular 3b millmess but his little double cross thing is crasy.
simply_inexpugnable

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2024 4:32 am    Post subject:

He looks like he is doing the eagle pose (I can't remeber the spelling of the real [is it sanskrit?] name) in yoga when he does the double arm crossing.
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject:

uno is ewan is in torino wrote:
forbidden contact juggling

really... forbidden? I think anyone should be able to "try" this. I can make it float on a good day, and I think it's fun and cool...I do juggle mostly for myself, i will say...but forbidden contact juggling? I mean, you make it sound like the idea should be buried in an Egyptian tomb.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject:

Morhandir wrote:
Additionally, one of the tricks I'm trying to develop/figure out is an alternating palm/back of hand isolation, so the ball just floats back and forth between the two sides of the hand.

hmm,. that could be in one of my vid's on mot's place,.. if not then I'll have to remind myself to float it in on the christmastree vid from the dutch crew from this year.

marco
uno is ewan

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2024 12:41 am    Post subject:

daydream wrote:
uno is ewan is in torino wrote:
forbidden contact juggling

really... forbidden? I think anyone should be able to "try" this. I can make it float on a good day, and I think it's fun and cool...I do juggle mostly for myself, i will say...but forbidden contact juggling? I mean, you make it sound like the idea should be buried in an Egyptian tomb.

i'm realy fussy about what i actualy bother to learn, and since learning a new contact move can take months, i like to be sure that i'm not wasting my time. and back of hand things in my opinion are not visualy diferent enough from regular palm circles to warrant the time required to get them solid.

its not like i'm god or anything, go on, spend your life learning realy dificult stuff that nobody will ever notice, i can't stop you.
in the afterlife your heart will be devoured by Amemit Eater of Souls,
see here:
http://www.kenseamedia.com/encyclopedia/aaa/egyptian_afterlife_6.htm

and i'm a performer, the reason i do contact is so that i can perform it, so perhaps many people here have a totaly diferent perspective in that regard.

of course i do reserve the right to change my mind in the future, and i extend as always a general invitation to prove me wrong.
bruno

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: an exemple (not so good)

I'm working on it since a few years, and that's where I am when I'm not warmed up :
http://www.compagniedecalee.fr/bruno/jongle_chartres.avi

(see around 1'30'')

It's true it's not easy to see on stage, but in "close-up" manipulation it's a nice floatting effect...
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 10:09 pm    Post subject:

its a interesting idea. i think that shifty does a palmspin with 2 balls on the back of his hand
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2024 2:19 am    Post subject:

I dunno. I think half of contact juggling is learning hard tricks is fun - for me. I can understand you're point of view though, as a performer you need to think about other things than fun.

The idea of a floating ball being able to be floating no matter which way the hand waves is alluring to me as well.

Location: Where darts are thrown at baloons and nothing is what it seems... the carnival.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2024 3:22 am    Post subject:

I've got to go with uno is ewan on this one. Although it would be great to learn every single move there is, in reality you have to make decisions about which tricks to pursue, and part of that decision for me is whether or not it will ever look cool enough to justify the effort. I do have to qualify that; I have revisited and learned tricks that I had previously dismissed.

Do mysteries actually exist? Some say "maybe".
Others aren't so sure.
BezboNKD

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

daydream wrote:
I mean, you make it sound like the idea should be buried in an Egyptian tomb.

I believe that's where this trick started actually. Treasurehunters while initially breaking into the valley of kings, found gold balls, and hyroglypics detailing how to isolate them on the back of ones hand. And then they where devoured by scaribs.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> The Isolation Chamber All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: