ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
TX USA SphereCamp Nov 30-Dec 2 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caver

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject:

I have been trying to put together a complete impression of my time at Spherecamp. I am on system overload!!
It was a beautiful time. So cool to meet so many other people into this art.
Previously I have ran into exactly ONE person who does any CJ.
The level of instruction was amazing, I was introduced to so many elements which I am certain will help me develop.
Between the first two days of "playshops," and all of the wonderful people I met, the trip would have been worthwhile. BUT, the Sat. night afterparty, has left me overwhelmed!!!! The new friends, the music, The Fireshow!!
I am totally knocked out by the infinite beauty and skill put forth in the fire show. The patterns which came alive in the night, geometrics, I swear I could see Kanji created in the fleeting trails of flame.

I vaguely remember dancing my ass off, I hope I didn't step on yer toes.

Thanks to all, for a wonderful, potentially life changing time.

More later.
FireMage

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject:

so here is a link that should allow people to check out my pics loaded to facebook. The ones from spherecamp 07 in austin.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21550&l;=d5668&id;=646456369

hopefully that shows as one line...if not, just smush them together.
MichaelG

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Wow! What a great amazing time we had at SC this year. The people who attended were a very fun, cool, eclectic bunch who got along wonderfully.

Jennifer & I want to thank everyone who helped create an amazing weekend, we are honored that you joined us and hope you will come back and play with us again!

There were so many highlights, I'm so glad that a bunch of you posted some of these highlights. For me, a few random highlights were: seeing 3 different playshops going on at the same, where everyone was fully engaged in what they were learning. The fire play on Sat night was incredible, watching Noel spin 3 staff was close to a religious experience and I had never seen Greg spin poi and was blown away!

Mainly I really enjoyed the openness and sharing that was so present from everyone. The lack of ego and the high amount of skill made me smile the entire time.

It was really an amazing experience for us too and we look forward to seeing and playing with everyone in the future.

So the craziness didn't end with SphereCamp! In fact it got even crazier, if you can believe that! We had just finished dropping off the last folks at the airport when we listened to a message on the TryOut Toys voicemail. It was an ad executive from NYC who needed some sphereplayers for a project. So we started conversing about this potential on Tuesday morning and went back and forth figuring out details. Wed at 10:30 am we got the call that all was a go and that our flight out from Austin was Thursday at 7:00am.
We packed up our lives at the TX Ren Faire and drove to Austin, got there at 3:30 am and left for the airport at 5:00am. Holy no sleep batman! After a whole weekend of no sleep, a few days of minimal rest, we got to the airport pretty exhausted!

We got into JFK about noon and a car delivered us to the ad agency and we went to work. The project is now over, we are currently hanging out in NYC in a cool hotel room with Jennifaerie, Adam, Cynthia, AJ, myself and Ewok just walked in!

What a whirlwind 10 days! We are psyched that such good things have been happening for us! Spherecamp then NYC, what going to happen next?

Anyways, that's our story and we are sticking with it!

Time to go find a good place to eat!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: