New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Lance's Lodi routine
Author: Brad 
Date:   06-12-02 17:46

I just watched this video so I thought I'd comment while it was still fresh in my mind. I have watched it a couple times but it was awhile ago. First of all I can really appreciate Lance's unique style, not only his signature style of movement, but his unique way of combining CJ and toss. I thought he made very smooth transitions from one to the next, or even doing both at once. I also thought he was pretty smooth about either picking up an extra ball or getting rid of one, most of the time I didn't even notice.

Also one thing I wanted to say that I didn't notice before is that most of his CJ routine is made up of moves that aren't incredibly difficult. When I was first starting, I would watch these videos and think "jesus christ...look at all these wild moves these guys are pulling off! I'll never be able to do that!" And now I'm getting to the point that I can break down what I'm seeing and understand what he's doing. Please understand the point I'm trying to make is not to put him down...it's the fact that, when you do a move smoothly, I think it shows expertise whether or not the move is incredibly difficult. When I watch Michael Moschen's routine I realize that a lot of what you guys are doing is way beyond what he was doing in terms of difficulty. Where he stood out is the fact that all of his moves are perfectly smooth and graceful. And that's what I'm talking about here, Lance has this signature style and very smooth CJ that really stands out.

Reply To This Message  |  Forum List  |  Flat View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Lance's Lodi routine  new
Brad 06-12-02 17:46 
 Re:  new
mdamelio 06-12-02 18:16 
Lance Coombes 06-12-02 19:06 
GReg 06-12-02 21:51 
mdamelio 06-12-02 23:36