New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 two person Cjing
Author: Androo Wood 
Date:   05-15-02 23:38

has anyone ever experimented with the idea of CJing in duet? a friend and have been trying various things out, such as stealing from a butterfly, my-elbow-to-his-hand-transfers etc...
anyone know of any moves that look really nifty done this way?
anyone know if there are moves that just dont look impressive at all from the audience's prespective?
thanx
Roo

Reply To This Message

Re: two person Cjing
Author: Axl Rose 
Date:   05-16-02 00:55

I have been trying to train some people to get to where we can get a duet going- it was the first thing i thought of when i first saw CJing "wouldnt it be cool with two pewople, or a circle of people..." What I would love to see/do is an infinite halfpipe except it would be laid straight and as one person ran out of hands the nezt would step to their side and pick it up. It could go on forever, making a whole giant circle in a footbal field or something!

Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-16-02 03:09

I tried it when I went to the Hootenanny Juggling festival recently with Redivider. We basically just attempted a back to back transfer with him using a hand and me using one. It was pretty fun, but that wouldn't look good to an audience at all from what I imagine. I think there is a duo that performs cj called day and night?? or something like that. The female, night, posts on here from time to time, but I hear it's pretty cool looking. We'll have to try it at CJC!! Now wouldn't that be exciting??

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: Klas 
Date:   05-16-02 07:42

I think that <a href="http://199.44.235.59/mpg/lcoombes/forearm+transfer.avi">this</a> move or one of the many variations of it would look great with two people. It could be done either as Lance does it, with the ball isolated, or with the bodys isolated.

Klas

Reply To This Message

Author: dinfuin 
Date:   05-16-02 16:12

me and Ben have been experimenting on a two person set. There's an open mic night I go to on some Friday's, and we are planning to put together a routine. We haven't got too far yet, but it's been fun experimenting with stuff. Now if I could just figure out how to CJ WHILE playing guitar, hmmmm....

Reply To This Message

Author: michael glenn 
Date:   05-16-02 17:31

It's totally fun when you have several people playing together. At Juggle This in Brooklyn NY we had a circle of 5 of us, Greg (Contact juggling part 1 video), Jennifer, Muppet John and myself (Sphereplay video) and Tony Duncan (overall one of the best I've ever seen) all played together in a circle, it reminded me of all the hours I spent playing hackeysack.
We did some basic hand passing but it got extremely cool when we stood in a circle and did a body roll to a pass and went in the circle like that. It reminded me of a Celtic knot. At one point Tony recieved the sphere, rolled it down his left arm, did a head roll and passed it off his right arm!!! Way cool, we even got some video of it and I will hopefully be able to show it to you all at CJC.
In our video Sphereplay we have some scenes with 2 people passing and at one point we show 2 of us passing 2 spheres, it looks pretty boggeling but isn't that hard.

Be Well,

Michael

balls of lightning rolled along...

Reply To This Message

Author: Raydancer 
Date:   05-16-02 18:49

A friend of mine and I can do a palm-to-palm pass pretty well between the two of us, but we haven't practiced too much otherwise. Palm-to-palm seems a bit easier than back-to-back because you don't have to worry about the angle of your hands so much.

Group CJ seems to be experimented upon by many and documented by none (well, I haven't seen anything significant on it yet). Good luck with it :)

Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-16-02 19:11

I think probably the biggest thing would be needing to watch your angles. For example back to back palm to palm neither of those would look very good to an audience mainly because you are standing in their way. I guess one would need to work more with bodyrolling. It really takes a lot of work I'd imagine, and something that would be even cooler to look at, from a contact jugglers perspective would be multiperson palmspinning. Now that would probably be tough.

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   05-16-02 19:13

I did a show in Germany with a few other guys and the move that got us the gig was <A HREF="http://www.contactjuggling.org/moves.php?action=read&id;=94">this</A> move with all three of us standing next to each other with all 12 balls stacked in a column and moving downward. Each time one of our hands would get to the bottom of the stack, we'd pull it out and move it to the top and continue cycling down. It looked pretty cool and was REALLY easy to do. ^_^

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.

Reply To This Message

Author: Day 
Date:   05-17-02 04:24

I'm Day, the female. Yes, we put together a two person routine in which Dave stands behind me and we transfer in that manner. At some point hopefully I'll get a video of the Juggle This! performance posted. We're hoping to compete at the IJA convention in Reading too, if any of you are going and want to check it out.

~Merritt

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   05-17-02 18:50

Hello Day, do you do a lot of regular toss juggling as well? A friend of mine attempted to compete at the IJA fest a few years ago and was not able to because he didn't do anything with clubs. He was a FANTASTIC ball juggler, but all he did was contact, bounce, and up to 7 balls with fantastic grace and ability. He was just trying to get into juniors. I don't know what their requirements are, as far as diversity, but I am pretty certain that contact alone will not qualify you guys for the competition. Good luck on it, though!

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.

Reply To This Message

IJA
Author: Androo Wood 
Date:   05-17-02 23:44

is there a site i can go to to find info on the IJA convention? directions date fees etc..
thanks
Roo

Reply To This Message

Re: IJA
Author: Michael Glenn 
Date:   05-18-02 20:33

Attention all contact jugglers,
Your presence is requested at the IJA convention this year. To my knowledge at least 10 sphereplayers will be present and accounted for. If we all show up we will make the biggest splash for contact juggling in IJA history. How cool would that be?

Hugs and kisses,
Michael

Reply To This Message

I have to work but
Author: Rich Shumaker 
Date:   05-18-02 22:12

Michael,

What are the dates of IJA in Reading?

I want to come but I need to ask off in advance.

Also I don't think I will be in actual attendance as it is a bit expensive. Or am I wrong did the IJA change there rates to compete with Ferret? 40 dollars for a weekend and 20 for meals so 60 total.

I would love to hook up with you guys.

Remy said Monday was a free day so I might try and make it that day.

Shifty what are your ideas on this as I would want to get together with you. And your parcel might be in by then, maybe?

Talk to you all soon.

Rich Shumaker
The Other Contact Juggler
Rich@ContactJuggling.com
www.ContactJuggling.com

Reply To This Message

Re: I have to work but
Author: Shifty 
Date:   05-19-02 05:57

I Sure as hell hope my parcel will be in by then.:) I'm gettin anxious even now....

It is about a 45-60 minute drive for me one way, and it is a straight shot, I just need to hop on the turnpike and i'm there, so I will be there on Monday. As for being there the rest of the days....I dunno, the pricetag alone is enough to gag a maggot. ARE YOU KIDDING??? up to 250 dollars just to be in a room juggling with people? I mean granted it is probably a kickass time, but I just don't have the funds for that. If We do get enough jugglers together, I wouldnt mind meeting outside in a park and doin some CJ, with them. I will stay for that. But as far as being there for the admission, I'm tapped out. Gotta save money for CJC and the trip to florida.

Shifty

But I am meeting Remy.. She's got a death grip on that one..

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

Re: I have to work but
Author: Arron 
Date:   05-19-02 22:02

Sorry not this year.

I have every intention of making CJC2002 and I want to go to Portland, but IJA is just a little too rich for my blood this year.

Now don't get me wrong, I went to Madison last year for it and had a great time, the Renegade shows alone were worth the price of admission, and the contests were fantastic but it was just too much money to juggle. Honestly I was tired after about three days, it's like a marathon of juggling.

I have heard a rumor however that next year they are thinking about doing it in Nevada. Now I might make that one.

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

dot org

sponsored by
Infinite Illusions
Use hand lotion to restore a sparkle to your balls..