chat
clubs
maps
forum
FAQ
events
Valid XHTML 1.0
Valid CSS
New to CJ? Start with buying several balls.
this site is sponsored by Infinite Illusions

General
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Infinite Illusion's "Standard" and "Ultra Clear"
Author: Cheese 
Date:   03-28-02 20:50

Within the next 2 months, I am thinking of buying my first acrylic(2.75"), and after calculating shipping and handling and approximate transfer rates I have decided that, besides engineering labs, infinie illusions was my cheapest choice. But now I want to hear everyones opion on the 2 grades that they offer- Standard and Ultra Clear. Are they all that different? Which one should I get?
Reply To This Message

Re: Infinite Illusion's "Standard" and "Ultra Clear"
Author: ICU812 
Date:   03-28-02 21:26

Don't know what their Ultra Clear balls look like. My guess is they probably are comparable to Eng. Labs (which are crystal clear). I have one of their not so clear balls. Well, it serves it's purpose, which for me is to practice over concrete. I found it scratched more easily than my other acrylics and it really isn't as clear (you'll be able to spot it if you put it next to an Eng. Labs ball). But then again it glows next a blacklight.
Personally I'd say that if you are buying a ball to perform with, spend the extra 3 or 4 dollars on a really clear one. If you're gonna beat it up anyway, just get a polycarb.

Jacques

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle
Reply To This Message

Re: Infinite Illusion's "Standard" and "Ultra Clear"
Author: David Kaplan 
Date:   03-30-02 06:05

Go with the ultra clear!
-DAvid Kaplan
Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

this site is ©2001 Kae Verens. extracts may not be used unless permission is granted. images & text are © their submitters.