ContactJuggling.org

• el
  • pt
  • Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician
    It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 08:17

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2024, 15:00 

Working on: Stall Points & Unicycling
    DotOrg bonus points: 2221
    I've been doing some research on this on the forum, and it seems pretty basic of a concept to understand, but to do is a completely different story. Just have a couple of questions on it. Where on your outside elbow do I find my stall point? Is it closer to the elbow or middle of the arm? Is this like stalling on your Head, where it is best to start with an acrylic to create a dent, or is there a pre-existing stall point on your body? Do you advise bending your arm completely so the muscles are tight, or do you want to keep it loose?

This one has been stumping me as a stall point, so thank you for the help. And a special request, if anyone would be willing to make a video tutorial that would be fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowbuster
    rabitjuggling.com

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2024, 16:56 

Working on: headstalls, apparently.
    DotOrg bonus points: 7001
    This is the best way I can describe it--

Bend your arm and put your hand palm-down on your shoulder. Look down at your elbow. About an inch up from the tip of your elbow should be a nice flat spot. If you press with your fingers in the area, there should be a small indent. Now, realistically, without an acrylic this "indent" wont help with the stall; I've found that it's more of a balancing act and less of a "natural indentation where the ball lies". Being that there really isn't any muscle here, the tightness of your arm and surrounding muscles doesn't really affect it, but the height of your elbow will. With your elbow in the air and your hand on (or near) your shoulder, check your reflection and see how parallel your arm is to the ground. The more parallel, the better.

Good luck, sir!

2 people like this post.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2024, 17:05 

Working on: Stall Points & Unicycling
    DotOrg bonus points: 2221
    Thank you for the help. I believe that I understand where the "indent" is

http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowbuster
    rabitjuggling.com

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 17:16 

Working on: butterfly
    DotOrg bonus points: 15722
    i put it at the very tip of my elbow, harder to get it there (can't go too far) but i find it pretty and it sits there verrry comfortably. here's an oldish photo. arm 100% bent (no effort though, just folded over)

Diddley-doop ba dap!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2024, 22:16 

Working on: jackknife, becoming an android
    DotOrg bonus points: 0
    Alternatively, I've found a comfy spot a little bit further up the arm from Joseph.
    I'm also orienting my hand such that the back of my hand is quite close to my neck/cheek. It tends to provide a by more surface area.

Hooray variety!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2024, 22:33 

Working on: bridge roll.
    DotOrg bonus points: 0
    Bri Maneely wrote:
    This is the best way I can describe it--

Bend your arm and put your hand palm-down on your shoulder. Look down at your elbow. About an inch up from the tip of your elbow should be a nice flat spot. If you press with your fingers in the area, there should be a small indent. Now, realistically, without an acrylic this "indent" wont help with the stall; I've found that it's more of a balancing act and less of a "natural indentation where the ball lies". Being that there really isn't any muscle here, the tightness of your arm and surrounding muscles doesn't really affect it, but the height of your elbow will. With your elbow in the air and your hand on (or near) your shoulder, check your reflection and see how parallel your arm is to the ground. The more parallel, the better.

Good luck, sir!

thank you for helping me find this spot i can finaly get it to stay without much thought. now the hard part rolling it there :rolling: :balance: and getting it to stay :?

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2024, 11:18 

Working on: headstalls, apparently.
    DotOrg bonus points: 7001
    Wonderful!!

I'm glad to have helped :)

Search for:
    Jump to: