ContactJuggling.org

• el
  • pt
  • Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician
    It is currently 12 Mar 2024, 01:01

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
     Post subject: Re: Follow The Leader 2024
    PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 22:41 

DotOrg bonus points: 5500
    Hello Everyone!

I gave a little extra time this afternoon for these last submissions. I'm getting over a cold right now so I'm kind of under the weather. So, I apologize for how brief this post is this week.

This week's winner is: Zetabass with the 20 finger roll!

Congrats, Zetabass!

First off, I must say to do your best with this move. I know if you're newer, this may be cause for some real frustration with control. Just hang in there. It's okay if its messy in your video, you'll see slow improvement over time. Control on the back of the fingers definitely takes some time. Zeta did a good job showing this move a few times so you can clearly see what he's doing. As you gain control, this move will look pretty sweet to an audience watching you. Like with palmspinning, try to go slower and find control rather than just throwing the ball over the back of your fingers. So, I'm looking forward to seeing submissions with going slower over trying to find the control on the back of the fingers and fumbling. Juggling faces should likely be coming out for most people with this one. It's okay!

Everyone submitted some nice hand rolling moves! Definitely some that I hope to see submitted again in the future. :D

So, this be the assignment for another week - to submit some type of move that incorporates the ball rolling on your hand or hands. Next week will likely open up again to go wherever you want.

You have between now and next Tuesday (Feb 21st) to submit your next entry. Your video should include:
    1. Palmspin
    2. Ratchet
    3. Rotating Claw Iso
    4. 20 Finger Roll
    5.Your submission for what move you'd like to come next (which involves a hand rolling move)

I'm sorry if anything I'm writing is a little confusing. The cold medicine is making me very groggy. lol Great job you guys on another awesome round of submissions! :D

Last edited by Sennyo on 14 Feb 2024, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 22:49 

Working on: Headstall
    DotOrg bonus points: 0
    Congrats Zetabass! Now to start working on that trick.

Sennyo, the due date is a little off. Shouldn't our round 4 videos be due by the 21st?
    Other then that, I hope you feel better very soon Sennyo!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:06 

DotOrg bonus points: 11453
    Took me a few watches to figure out what you are doing, but I got it, and now I'm sure that Zetabass wants me to get out of this competition due to broken fingers.

But I will persist! Although I need to make my video before the deadline in 54 minutes!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:30 

Thanks Bandaid! Fixed now. I knew the cold medicine was giving me trouble. lol

Mark - If you're hurting yourself, please switch to using something other than your 5 inch. I don't want any injuries due to using a ridiculous sized acrylic for a learning game. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:42 

Working on: BtN fun and contact staffery
    DotOrg bonus points: 10
    Wewt Grats Zetabass! Awesome move definitely a fun one.
    Mark- do you have a jea9? try using that ^^

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:44 

DotOrg bonus points: 11453
    zenoth wrote:
    Mark- do you have a jea9? try using that ^^

I do, but that's no fun! I'll only switch if I absolutely have to!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2024, 00:47 

so its it ok if we use a variation of the trick? i found it flows a bit easier if you go from top of the right fingers > over the left > over left pinky to palm > cross right hand under left and transfer from left palm to right palm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2024, 01:10 

Working on: Less Droppage!
    DotOrg bonus points: 700
    Trixter wrote:
    so its it ok if we use a variation of the trick? i found it flows a bit easier if you go from top of the right fingers > over the left > over left pinky to palm > cross right hand under left and transfer from left palm to right palm.

I just tried that and I like it! I think I will add that to what I've been doing as a transitional thing before moving on from the roll.

For anyone that likes a text version... What I'm really trying to do is to go from a regular 2 hand finger roll, pinky flip onto the backhand
    and continue the roll back to back and then into the next palm->finger roll etc.. Which I think will make a great cycle if performed with a smooth continuity
    (that I have not achieved yet!!) One of the reasons I'm rushing (to a fault) is trying to isolate those pinky flips... which may be impossible... lol

So crossing hands I think you lose the original finger roll that makes this a loop or circle.
    I'm excited that it got picked because I'm really looking forward to seeing what more skilled cj'rs can make it look like!
    If that flows better for you, cool!

Or should Sennyo decide on how particular you have to be to the original move? I don't know the FTL protocol :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2024, 08:52 

Yes, that's totally fine to change which direction the ball is rolling over the fingers. Usually which direction is open to what each person is most comfortable with. Even though this is changing where and what the ball is rolling over first, I think this can fit just fine under that. Do which way works best for you. Don't forget to try the other way every now and then. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2024, 13:23 

Working on: Two Ball Body Rolls
    DotOrg bonus points: 12000
    I know I have not been participating in this round of follow the leader but I would like to thank Sennyo for keeping it going. I remember my first FTL and how much fun it was. I love to see all the people participating, it is amazing and wonderful how the community has grown over the years.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2024, 21:21 

Working on: Isolation
    DotOrg bonus points: 925
    Ok, zeta you this one was a bit tough on me, but here is my best shot.

It's not perfect yet, but FTL is about improving and learning right.

So for my submission I've added a walking halfpipe. I think it transfers nicely from those finger flips.
    Work on keeping the ball on a level line. Focus on smooth transfers palm to cradle, back to back, and cradle to palm.
    Can't wait to see the rest of round four.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 05:16 

Dude, Frawg... That was insane! It looked so good. Really tells me that I need to practice a lot more then I do.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 12:28 

Still having a hard time with making the 20 finger roll flow into the routine, but here goes.

feat. my never before seen white acrylic :ahhh:

1. Palmspin
    2. Ratchet
    3. Rotating Claw iso
    4. 20 Finger Roll
    5. Arm Curl variation

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 14:07 

Working on: Isolation
    DotOrg bonus points: 925
    Ooh, ahh, that's acrylic you say?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 15:32 

That was awesome too Tom! Between you and Frawg I'm not sure which one I'd choose as this weeks winner. Both tricks flow really well from the 20 finger roll.
    Nice acrylic too. I've never seen one like that. You can get solid color acrylics?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ All times are UTC - 5 hours ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Search for:
    Jump to: