ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
neck roll vid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' JW

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: neck roll vid

hey every one, ive been waching colins de la warr 2 video and got insipred by his amazing body rolling, especially his pirouette behind the neck roll. i hav made a video of me doing it and i would apreciate som tips on ow to make it better. and mabey even how to isolate it. cheers

Link
[/youtube]
Somnilocus

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Damn, didn't you just start CJing? Good work Isolating is always about one thing: the ball moves/spins in one direction, and you want to create equal movement (at the same speed) in the opposite direction to keep the ball in place; it's just a matter of practice.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject:

You need to gain more control of the ball. at the moment, gravity is doing all the work, and it looks like it works by fluke. fair play though, you've been doing this what... a week?

I really like that you've set your goals high. awesome stuff. See? the first week doesn't have to be all about the butterfly!!

Ok, onto some advice...

You have a good shape for a behind the neck roll, but not for the isolated version.starting with the ball on the left side like that means that when you pirouette, and roll, the ball has moved across your body (in relation to your original position) to your other hand. Start with the ball in the centre, and your arms more circular.

You really really REALLY need to learn some basic armrolls, and learn them well, before you start to gain some understanding of the roll you are trying.

work on your pirouette. without a ball. At the moment, you're taking a few steps as you turn. there's no need to.

You're going really fast with the roll, and also there are a couple of bounces from your shoulders. try to get rid of these. This is what makes the move so hard.

Watch the way you start the roll. There are much more efficient ways of starting the ball rolling. Have a read of the chest roll/back arm thread. that will also give you some advice that you can transfer to this move.

Best of luck, Keep it up!

My posts are written with a sense of humour. Please read them with one.
he4rty

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

That was great for the length of time you've been CJ'ing, but the best bit of the vid is definitely that satisfied grin on your face after you complete the roll
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSln2fNIdc

That's a nice little move to practice, try and get the roll from elbow to cradle smooth (the second part of the video). Ed makes many important points in that post, heed his words and keep going, this is promising stuff indeed.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Somnilocus

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but the best bit of the vid is definitely that satisfied grin on your face after you complete the roll

Hahaha that's what I thought too. xD Although I doubt JW wants to hear how adorable it was. xD
Spazzle

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject:

Hehe! I think im slightly to blame for that grin - every time the little bugger pulls it off i start squealing and clapping like a loony! This is one amazing little dude - i am awestruck by how fast hes learning. Interestingly the video is shot in mirror image so hes actually rolling right to left!

Last edited by Spazzle on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
PorcuBrine

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject:

with the guiding power of Drew you two could become scarily good in no time. Fast learners the pair of ya.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Drew

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

Thanks to the MoM cheerleader
Blush
PorcuBrine

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject:

it's true though innit?

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1