ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Spazzles one month Vid!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spazzle

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Spazzles one month Vid!

Hey all - this is a vid I made this evening to celebrate one month of learning CJ. The quality is pants cuz its a webcam but u get the idea!

Link
[/youtube]
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject:

Nice! Watching again so I can notice things to suggest... palm iso is fairly good side to side, but watch out fo rmovement up and down. arm drags are pretty smooth. Work on flattening your hands out a little more on the multisphere work, it looks alot more floating that way. Very nice ratchets. Enigmas were pretty well isolated, work on making hand movements a little more fluid and natural, looked not quite as effortless as it should. I like the walking enigma, try the same hand movements, but move the sphere side to side also, not just up and down. I actually get better reactions on the side to side ones than vertical. Overall, just work on making all movements look fluid, natural, and effortless. But for a month, you are coming along VERY well, keep it up! I know people that it took over a month just to learn the butterfly, so I'm applauding your work greatly, just offerring suggestions to make something good even better. Great to have you here!
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject:

that were grand, loving the grip isolation and I reckon you'll be able to get those palm circles nice pretty quickly. One month? you've been busy.

Better camera required for your christmas video though, twas all a wee bit bluuuury ( I go all scouse when I say blury, for some reason)

More, more I say

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Spazzle

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject:

hallo butties Thanks for the tips guys - my palmcircles are embarrassingly bad at the mo but a vids not a vid without them! Aye tis been one month exactly of this madness - non stop madness to be honest im glad u think its paying off! Ive only been multiballing a week - i had to give the pyramid a helping hand round lol. im better at two ball spinning from playing with chinese tinkly balls growing up - but ur right cbj i need to get them level, Drew would have a fit! (there was no clicking tho Drew so thats something!) I also have a very strange compulsion to hold my breath when im cjing - have no idea why - nearly passed out a few times!!

I will get a better camera for xmas vid for sure - didnt even occur to me to use a webcam until i used it earlier today (well..yesterday now)

Ah well i had fun tonight anyways - thanks for watching all
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject:

to get your 4 ball palmspin, do 3 ball spins all day long. every day. until they flow smoothly, silently, and easily. If they're not separating and clicking back together, the stack won't fall apart when you set the top one on. but get 3 solid first. At least, that's how I learned them. I did 3 ball palmspins while driving to and from work and such. clear spheres in the sun really helps get your spins moving quicker... because if you pause, your hand gets hot in a hurry...
T0dd

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject:

I think that's amazing for a month, and you're well on your way. If you want an inexpensive video option, I suggest one of these, http://www.theflip.com/store/Product.aspx?CID=PDT. I don't know if they're available in the sunny UK, but I got one of last year's model, the Pure Digital Point&Shoot;, on ebay for $50 and I've shot hours and hours of video with it. And it's cheap enough that I don't mind throwing it in my pocket and taking it anywhere. Get one and we can get monthly updates from you.
Spazzle

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject:

I had a look for the camera but no luck in the UK. Lil' JW has a camcorder - ill have to bribe him for next time. Copious amounts of sweeties should do it
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject:

Hey Hey!!

For one month's practice, not bad at all

and it's good to see that you are practicing more than one style of Contact; Isolationism, Multiball, rolling...

Your robot is too tense. but that's ok, because you haven't been practising for long. Try watching loads of videos on youtube of people popping, and take the time to break down some of the moves they're doing. Watch the way they do their robot, and try to emulate some of their movements. you will need to watch some videos to death. 'U-Min' come highly recommended, search Youtube. Try not to keep your body rigid as a board, and move your body one part at a time. The key is relaxed, and good isolation, and good stops.

Pushing the pyramid round with the empty hand is fine. You're beginning, after all. it was good to see that you didn't help it too much, just enough to get it moving again. and it was flatter than I've seen some people who've been doing it for much longer.

The squeeze up Isolation (What Drew calls ice cream cone iso) was a bit fast. Also, as your hands are 'chopping' underneath the ball, try to make your hands flatter.

Make your palm circles bigger. that ball should travel in as a big a circle as you can keep on your hand.

Wearing a top without a zip up the front will help with your chest roll..

One month without any proper teaching, you're going good. If you ever get a chance, meet some other contact jugglers. Will help you to get your head around some things a lot faster.

Keep it up!

My posts are written with a sense of humour. Please read them with one.
daisylou

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject:

very impressed for a months work i deleted my very first filmed clip from my 1/2month progress off my computer the other day after realising how bloody terrible i was back then. im massively impressed with everything you've learnt. yes also muchly looking forward to your xmas contribution

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject:

If you record with low light, your webcam will compensate by reducing the framerate (at least mine does). i found by recording in higher light levels the framerate improved.

i wish i was that good after a month, you have made me have to go and learn the 2b ratchet now!
Spazzle

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Ah some great tips coming my way - its lovely to get some feedback after being a CJ loner

I had a bit of a CJ zombie vibe goin on at the end there - I must admit im finding robot really hard, my brain cant handle un-isolating one body part at a time yet. Will be sure to check out the vids Ed

Lol - my editing of the chest roll is not fooling anyone is it! I honestly have never pulled off that move gracefully - the ball tends to go flying into things a lot!

2 ball ratchets are one of my favorite moves - wanted to learn them before i even bought my first ball. Brineys got a vid up now which makes learning it a bit easier - plus he puts in an isolation which looks very cool!
nagini

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

i loved this video!!! even if the camera isn't perfect i loved the music, the black-and-white choice, and the editing... you're great spazzle! it's awesome for just a month!!! keep trainig like this!!!

(not like someone else who lies about how long he has been trainig, and who criticizes a lot (too much, in my opinion) and gives suggestions profusely...even if he's not so good at CJ... )

-he that has ear to hear, let him hear-
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i loved this video!!! even if the camera isn't perfect i loved the music, the black-and-white choice, and the editing... you're great spazzle! it's awesome for just a month!!! keep trainig like this!!!

That's what I would have said!
Aimee

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:

A month? Four weeks - that's all? Hell, I have to practice more. Great video, loving the Blair Witch vibe (and the subliminal k'nex spider imagery).

I saw your smiley face picture on a billboard in Perth the other day, spooky or what?
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject:

work on getting the chest roll all the way around, but in the mean time, if you can tell its going to fall, sneak your other hand over to catch it (back of the hand looks best) and go right into a butterfly or something, it'll still look fluid until you can do a full roll. Cheating is ok sometimes... ;P
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: