ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
For those who don't know who I am...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljcoombes

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: For those who don't know who I am...

Here is my old, horribly dark, poorly filmed, video of a performance I was asked to do at the last minute. I even had to borrow some acrylics from somebody, as I didn't have mine with me! Still, it gives an idea of my performance style and it was one of, if not THE, first full performance videos every put up on this site. It has long since been surpassed by many superior videos and is no longer even listed on the video page. But since I'm poking around the site again, and there are a lot of new names here, I figured I'd post it.

This was filmed 5 years ago, I think. Maybe 6... I really need to get a better video. Hopefully I can put something together when I get my new camera.

http://www.ookyspooky.com/contact/lodi.wmv

It's about 10megs and is a crappy WMV. But that's all I could manage to put together with the equipment I had back then. Hope some of you get some enjoyment out of it!
Saulie

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject:

OMG ITS YOU!!!!

I have admired your technique and skill for some time.

I have tried and tried to emulate the flourish that you do between transfers and butterflies and whatnot but as of yet achieved nothing.

Welcome back. Looking forward to another video from you.

saulie

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
dpizarro159

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject:

great video... and it was a long time ago.. mustve improved a lot hope to see a video2007
ljcoombes

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Saulie"]I have tried and tried to emulate the flourish that you do between transfers and butterflies and whatnot but as of yet achieved nothing.[/quote]

Maybe I'll write a little tutorial on how to do it. I always get asked about that at conventions and such. It's really not that hard of a move, but it adds a little bit of extra motion. It's really just a combination of almost doing 3 different stalls in a row. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper names of various CJ moves, so will have to research those before I can type a set of instructions up. Heh.
Saulie

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject:

That would be great. I would love that.

Ryan
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:

hey lance.. nice to see you on here again
amazingly, i never left
Thorn

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject:

that's a wonderful routine. ^_^ Are you still that limber? I've never in my whole life been that limber.

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
ljcoombes

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Saulie: Still planning on the little flourish tutorial, but haven't done it just yet.

Ryan: Good to see you! There are a few familiar names around here still. Plus, a few familiar people with new names. Heehee.

Thorn: Yes, I'm still that limber. My balance is a little bit off, since I broke my right foot really badly and now have a metal plate and 8 screws going through my heel. But I can still do the same moves. I'll have to tell the story about my first performance after the accident one of these days.

All: I finally got my new video camera! Hurray!!!! Now, I need a few days to figure out how to work it, and then some time to put something together. Hopefully, I can have something to submit soonish.
Saulie

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Woo Hoo!

Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject:

have to wait until I get home from work to watch the vid, but looking forward to it.. from peoples responses, sounds like its pretty darn cool.
ljcoombes

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Heh. Mostly, it was cool at the time because there was very little available in the way of performance videos of contact juggling. At the time, there were also very few CJers who incorporated a lot of body motion and dance into their routines. As I said in the original post, it has been far surpassed now.

I've been performing CJ routines since 1993 or so. With the advent of this site, various instructional videos, youtube, books, and a whole lot of fresh blood, contact juggling has really taken off and is advancing in leaps and bounds! I haven't really spent much time working on it for years now. But thanks to all of you guys, I'm feeling really inspired again! I'm hoping I can start developing new skills and honing the areas where I am weak (Isolations and chest rolls for a start!).

Anyhow, I better get back to work. I hope you enjoy the vid when you get home. ^_^
T0dd

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject:

Made my day.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject:

very nice! but... was that toss juggling I saw in there?!? hehe, just kidding... I actually think my favorite part, simple as it might have been was the first transition into 2 sphere play, I totally didn't see it coming. It was all very nice though, would love to see your new stuff.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: