ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
A vid everyone should see!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spazzle

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 2:08 am    Post subject: A vid everyone should see!

Hey all - this is taken from the film What the Bleep? - Down The Rabbit Hole. Its a nicely explained description of the double slit experiment - the outcome of which is truly mind boggling and just shows how little we understand about the nature of reality......

Fascinating stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTPlSp5arz8
aramis

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 2:56 am    Post subject:

Isn't that the movie with that crazy cult leader who channels some other dude ?
I've never seen that part though, so maybe it's a newer version. I've heard some pretty scary stuff about that "What the bleep do we know" movie. Many of the scientists involved in the movie were pretty angry, some such thing.

It sounds like pretty cool stuff, but if you have an interest in quantum physics, there are probably way better references than that one. What they say there is not exactly true, it is a vulgarization meant for the people like you and me who haven't spent their lives talking in numbers and weird little symbols..
Spazzle

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 3:06 am    Post subject:

Hey Aramis - not sure we're on about the same movie - this one is about a deaf lady, the cartoon snippets are just explanations of experiments. Although it has mixed reviews (and rightly so given the absurdity of the guest speakers!) i personally think the movie is great - it was made to spark interest in the subjects raised and it really succeeds in doing so for the average joe. This particular clip has stayed in my mind - its the perfect demonstration of a concept that may be hard for the noob to understand. I also consider it scientifically accurate up to the claim 'its almost as if the electron is aware its being watched' which is more of a philosophical debate than QM theory.

Another great book and/or dvd for those interested is The Elegant Universe which is a look at string theory

Edit: yes it is the same movie! one of the guest speakers is channeling a spirit hehe

Last edited by Spazzle on Sat Nov 10, 2024 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
dpizarro159

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 3:57 am    Post subject:

the secret is another good movie,
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Random threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: