ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Dube or Mister Babache
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 4:17 am    Post subject: Dube or Mister Babache

I know you're all sick of seeing me ask about balls, but I'm a poor working fella and I can't afford just to buy any ol' thing no matter how cheap it is. So here goes my question:

I've finally decided to buy a stage ball. I've decided to either go with a Dube or MB. the MB ball from jugglingstore.com is slightly more expensive than the Dube, but it's the color I want. Now with that aside, what do you all prefer? Do you all like the Dube or MB better? Why?
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

If I were Doctor Cox I would say:

Instead of sitting at your screen, waiting for a reply, you *could* use your time that would normally be spent sitting around, twiddling your thumbs, daydreaming about what colour you'd like to dye your hair next, wondering about your manicurist's sexual orientation, and inventing a new and ultimately discrete way of pulling your thong out of your buttcrack without drawing attention to yourself, to read a few old threads and actually find the answer out yourself. It'll give you something to do for... ooooh... five minutes there Deirdre. Seriously, every week somebody asks these sorts of questions, and it surprises me beyond belief every time I see these threads and realise that all that was needed was to read a few lines down the page, and there would be your answer. But no, Newbies today feel a need to start thread after thread after thread after thread after thread...

But I'm not Doctor Cox. So, I'll just say have a look at the countless other threads about balls. I've lost count of the amount of people that have been in the same predicament as you, asked this question, and gotten an answer. Happy reading!

Yes I have been watching too much Scrubs.
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Ok, well thanks for your great insite, but I have gone through several threads and have yet to see one comparing and contrasting the difference between two different companies stage balls, I've seen best size, best weight, but not best companies. If there is such a thread, maybe you could point me towards it.
bango

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm by no means an expert, xdavidx, but from what I've read before Mr Babache balls are supposed to be slightly softer and hence give a minute amount more surface area. I've never actually tried a dube ball, but I've a couple of Babache and they're pretty fantastic.
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

some seems a little grumpy wumpy. Still ill Ed? Nothing to do but sit at home and pester the newbies? Using your own logic in another thread, "Your post took longer to write than both of those things put together." Except exchange the end of the sentance into, "giving a short simple opinion" And at least that way it would have been informational.

xdavidx: I have no experience with a Dube ball, but I have a MB and its great. I cant compare the two, but I think You'll be very happy with one (although according to drew, you might want to check out a contact ball instead of a stageball) Its the preferred stageball for most members.
bluemoon

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't have any experience with an MB ball, but Dube stage balls have slight imperfections, like being not quite round, or having dents or bumps. So like I said, I don't know about babache, but I think I'd go with them.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Ah, no. I'm not grumpy.

I'm just bored. But yes I am still ill. Did I mention bored?

And it was meant to take me longer to write that. I have time to kill, dammit.

Buy Babache.
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

thanks everyone!
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I nominate Ed as "Official Dotorg Curmudgeon", I enjoyed that rant muchly and am even now spluttering with laughter like a buffoon. More I say, more.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Thorn

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

[quote="PorcuBrine"]I nominate Ed as "Official Dotorg Curmudgeon", I enjoyed that rant muchly and am even now spluttering with laughter like a buffoon. More I say, more.[/quote]

Seconded.

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
daisylou

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject:

*slaps ed*

dont be mean...its not halloween yet :p

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject:

In answer to the OP:
stage balls
Ryan uses Dube I used to use Babache. there's not a lot of difference
Ryan uses Shiney surface, I used to use peach finish
We both use the squidgy stage balls - not hard stage balls.

But nowdays, my answer for one ball contact is there something better than a stage ball:
http://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/reviews/contact-balls-review/

This week Ed wins the Grumpiest fart on this board prize.
I think we should start a thread Just for poking Ed
I think someone should point out Brer lickys comment: http://www.ministryofmanipulation.com/blog/seven-doights-de-la-main/
:p

Yep there are loads of threads, but a 5 minute search didn't give any solid answers, and the knowledge base/wiki wasn't a lot of help either.
su2po

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Thorn"][quote="PorcuBrine"]I nominate Ed as "Official Dotorg Curmudgeon", I enjoyed that rant muchly and am even now spluttering with laughter like a buffoon. More I say, more.[/quote]

Seconded.[/quote]

thirded, but only cos i was on the recieving end of the "your post took longer to write" rant.
im sure he's lovely and chewy underneath the grump.
Royal

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2024 5:35 am    Post subject:

I can't be angry I heart Dr. Cox. That was pretty much a perfect Coxian rant! Thumbs up! b-^.^-d
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject:

yay for people getting the joke and realising that I was trying to inject a little laughter into what (Feels like) is my meaningless existence.

I am cranky today though. Mega Cranky.

I'm just shaking off the Flu. Sleepness nights due to inability to breathe, combined with the most wretched muscular/joint pains has taken it's toll. As a parting gift, the damn flu virus has left me with an eye infection. My right eye has swollen up beyond all belief and it hurts. I mean HURTS.
To top it all off, because my eye won't open properly, my depth perception is way off, so my juggling just isn't happening, and hasn't happened for the past few days. Did I mention I need to juggle?

This people, is the kicker. I NEED to juggle more than than an obsessive compulsive needs routine. oh, hang on... that sounds like me too...

Nuts. I'm doomed.

I also recentlly discovered that the eyes are also linked up to the ear/nose/throat connection, and this has also led to the discovery that eyedrops taste like s**t.

So yeah, just warning you all basically. I am cranky. If I say something to piss you off, I don't mean it. I'm just trying to stop myself from self mutilating due to the inane boredom of not actually being able to juggle.

Did I mention I need to juggle?
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: