ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
contact and music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagini

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

yes, GTA (grand theft auto) soundtrack is awesome too!!!

especially the reggae and the soul parts!!
jstntlvr

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Soul Coughing, Super bon bon

I haven't read all the other posts so sorry if its a repeat
Kakihara: Listen, when you're giving pain to someone, don't think about the pain that person is feeling. Just concentrate on how good it feels to be causing someone pain. That's the best thing you can do for a true masochist!
nagini

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject:

i don't know those groups, jstntlvr, but i'll check out if i can can find 'em.

thanks for the suggestion!!
jstntlvr

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject:

OMNG you haven't well ill haft to fix that Soul Coughing is the band Super bon bon is the song another good one by them is Circles

Super bon bon Thears a better version of this song on the Dead Man on Campus sound track

Circles
Kakihara: Listen, when you're giving pain to someone, don't think about the pain that person is feeling. Just concentrate on how good it feels to be causing someone pain. That's the best thing you can do for a true masochist!
magicleeroy

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject:

if you like chillout music to cj to check out teardrop by massive attack
bluemoon

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Apocalyptica

I kinda can't believe that it hasn't been mentioned yet. If it has, I guess I missed it.....

anyways, I like juggling to it, especially poi.

(we need a poi smiley....)
munkie

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

[quote="nagini"]

or Rodrigo y Gabriela (two mexican guitarists who play the guitar also like a drum, beating the wooden part of it while playing) (and they don't sing)
[/quote]

sorry this is a long time ago...just twigged to this thread, as i was looking for music for cjing to..realised that very little of my music is very suitable...i saw these guys live....they're absolutly amazing...going to have to look them up now. thankyou
ljcoombes

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Just last night I was making a themed music CD for a CD exchange with some friends. The theme I used was "Performance Songs". It's all songs that I have used for stage shows, with the exception of a few that I added because I did a show to similar music, or music by the same artist. There are also two that I have planned to perform to, but haven't yet. Here's what went on the disc. Song name, followed by artist.

Cantique - Die Form
I used to perform to this song all the time about 8 years ago.

Movement of Fear - Tones on Tail
I really liked this song for performing CJ, though it was a bit rough to fit in the toss juggling part of my routine with it.

Windowpane - Coil
This is the song used in the lodi.wmv video that you have all seen.

Swamp Thing - Juno Reactor
I used an edited version of this song for a performance I did at a juggling festival. I felt like it was a bit rushed, but the audience seemed to like it a lot. I got a lot of compliments on the musical selection.

A Girl Called Harmony - Attrition
Used this one at a gothic formal dance event.

Vengeance - Garmarna
Used this one for a second performance at the same event.

Ullyses - Dead Can Dance
I haven't actually done a stage show to this song, but I do mini-performances to it at dance clubs all the time. I love the way it feels to CJ to this song!

Chain - Switchblade Symphony
I used this song for one performance a very long time ago. I think it was before Switchblade Symphony even had a full album out.

Evil Night Together - Jill Tracy
This is a song that I had thought to use for quite a while but never got around to it. Jill Tracy was one of the musicians I posted about performing with a few weeks ago. She's fabulous! Since I don't have a copy of the improvised music from the performance, this is the best I can do.

Coin Operated Boy - Dresden Dolls
This is a song that I was thinking of performing to for a long time. However, I think it has been used by too many performers to be unique anymore. Oh well.

Weeping Song - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
This is the second song that I planned to perform to, but haven't. I had been planning to use it the night I performed with Jill Tracy and Paul Mercer.

Sing, Sing, Sing (With A Swing) - Benny Goodman
I have never performed to this song, but I have done performances at two events with a live jazz band, so I figured I'd include it. Swing doesn't lend itself to CJ naturally, but with a bit of body movement and a few basic swing steps, it can be made to work!

Carribean Blue - Enya
Another song I have not performed to. But I did a performance at a wedding to an Enya song. I don't know which one it was, as I had never heard it before. I think this song would be good to perform to, though, so it went on the disc in lieu of the unknown Enya song.
Somnilocus

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject:

I imagine Enya's good to perform to (WHOA).

>>Apocalyptica

Got that one my playlist as well

Le Edit --

Mmmmm yummy list... "Chill Out!!!: 200 Enchanting Downbeat Songs"

http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.25734/Music
Somnilocus

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Something I just found... ilike.com for finding similar songs or artists to ones you like. Downloaded the program as well and it lists songs that are "similar" to the ones you're playing at that moment in iTunes or WMP. Not sure what the criteria for "similar" is but I've found plenty of good s**t in the past hours. Also, related songs from new artists come up with free downloads... yar
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: