ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Pain for Your Art
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royal

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Pain for Your Art

Yesterday, while I was practicing, I dropped one of my acrylics (as I often do) and by chance it happened to land directly on my ankle bone. Now it has swollen up and hurts like hell. The funniest part is when people ask what happened, they get this incredulous look when I say a juggling incident.

I just wanted to know, what are your best (or worst) injuries received through cjing?
Zap101

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject:

Burns from doing fire CJ and when i learned how to do chest rolls. I had these really big bruises on my chest where the ball would bounce from one side of the chest to the other. It was worth it in the end though.
nioupy

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject:

up to now : big red fingers when i was trying the butterfly (i am just beginning). I guess throwing the ball too high wasn't a clever thing to do.

oh, and a very painful ankle (but it didn't swollen) when i practiced sitted : the ball felt twice on an ankle i broke a few months ago :s
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject:

black eye from a wild behind the neck roll with an acrylic. Ouch.
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Lost a pinkey nail from toss juggling weights and a shotput. However the most painful was simply cjing whilst crosselegged. The "landing zone" isnt a happy area...
sylver_cat

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject:

well, it wasn't that painful but quite funny: I had bruises on both my knees for 2 weeks because I practice cradle to elbow roll while sitting crosslegged... The bruises could never healed because I didn't stop... The most painful was very simple, dropping the acrylic on my torso when I practice lying on my back. (I'm lazy, I know)

it doesn't beat daydream's black eye or Zap101's burns but it's the only story I have :p
Royal

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject:

The black eye is pretty funny. Say you got in a bar fight!
dark5tar

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:

not really any CJ accidents - but -

When i was sorta new to the whole yoyoing thing i had bought a yoyo called "black widow" i was practicing the "trapeze" move with it, and as i tossed the yoyo out paralell to the floor and across my body i leaned over the string as the yoyo was coming back up around my other hands index finger and SNAP the yoyo smashed into my head, flew off the string bounced off the wall and landed under my computer desk -

I crumpled to my knees holding my face - as i moved my hand away from the bone under my eybrow ( where the yoyo hit ) i had blood drops in my palm...........

good fun times........

oh yeah, then another time, i was using a very subpar yoyo ( a turbo bee, had break pads or something ) - i went do do a rock the cradle, got the yoyo into the right formation and as it was swinging back towards me the brake pads caught and SNAP right into my lip....

bloodied again....and my lip was puffy for about a week.

nioupy

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject:

talking of pain in your art : do any of you have piercings ? I got two in the neck, and i wonder if i should try the neckroll... would it hurt my piercings ?
i guess i have a pretty easy answer : it might. but if anyone has experience, i'll take your advice...

(and i got time anyway : i have lots to practice before that )
Kerry

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject:

I've burned my hair...

Black and blue elbows almost all spring...(but at least I can stall there properly now)

Erm, about piercings...I have none so far, thinking about a nose piercing, that won't be in the way. Not so sure about neck piercings tho...you'll notice if the pain is too much
kerry(at)contactjuggling . org
http://www.myspace.com/puka_gruagach
lawrens

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Argh, a couple of hours ago I bent my right pinky trying to catch an escaping 86mm....
I'm upset, because I hurt myself just by the gesture of trying to catch the ball...not due to cj strain!
*ouch!!*

to all the coins I dropped...
natellia

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yesterday I smashed my pinky nail in between two balls, and it still hurts when it gets bumped. But I've done that before with my thumb, when I had a really bad cut on it that was just starting to heal. Getting smashed between the two balls broke it open again. That hurt REALLY bad.

I've bruised my ankles...my shin bones...and my head once, too. That's when it'd be nice to have a stage ball...
Spazzle

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:

*bump*

I have a gross one - I was using a thin large mirror that was once part of a wardrobe to practice my isolations sat on the floor. I got up and walked really hard into the edge of it. I knew id done something awful and when i looked down there was a massive shard of glass embedded in my foot and blood was spilling out EVERYWHERE! I pulled the shard out to find i had VERY nearly severed my toe! Many thanks to daisylou for persuading me to get medical assistance (i hate hospitals!) Im still limping now!

Love ya DaisyLou! x x x x x
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” G.C
su2po

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject:

contact incidents? i have a bruise under my baby finger nail for the last three weeks, i dropped my 100mm acrylic on it. its not the first though, my knee is a contact ball magnet i have a permanent purple knee cap. iv never done any serious damage though, iv set myself on fire many time with poi and staff, i nearly broke my nose with poi once, that really hurt and a few minor burns, hmm i think thats it oh no wait i just remembered the time my friend hit me in the face with a staff and knocked my lip piercing (which i no longer have) into one of my front teeth which in turn sent it into my bottom lip and snapped when i picked half of my tooth out of my lip it started pouring blood, i looked like id been jumped by scobes, it cost me 115 euro to get it fixed too that was the bit that hurt, the bleeding i could handle that was the first time id met this guy now he's one of my best friends, funny how things work out.
dirtyballs

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Staff :- 2 inch burn across my temple from the hot metal rivets that secure the wick scrapeing across my face as i came out of a snes. This was the day before a 4 day residential training course for a new company where i outright refused to tell anyone how it happened. ive clocked myself a number of times with it and had black eyes but that was the funniest.

Balls:- when in college myself and juggling partner were passing over a pond. The principle made me clean out the pond as punishment for "stupid" behaviour. I think that counts as true pain for my art - public humiliation

Im sure it hurts to have a contact ball drop on your knee, it's not happened to me but my friend yelled pretty loud when i dropped it on his
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: