ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
steall balls
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themistocles

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2024 11:59 pm    Post subject: steall balls

hey i wanan get a steel ball 3"so i can practise and i dont wanna ruin an acrylicc ball but i cant find a website. plz give me 1 plz
Royal

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 12:04 am    Post subject:

You can just buy some Chinese Medicine Balls. Make sure you get plain steel ones and not the ones with the little designs or the bells on the inside.

Amazon sells some.
http://www.amazon.com/Tiger-Claw-Iron-Baoding-Balls/dp/B000MIBCS4/ref=pd_sim_b_2/105-0452554-0619643
Themistocles

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 12:15 am    Post subject:

there only 2 1/8 inches anybody else?
Themistocles

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 2:43 am    Post subject:

any other places?
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 2:58 am    Post subject:

I dont mean to sound rude... Ok, I do, but I dont want people to see me as mean.... Does that make sense?

Anywho, Please, when your on the boards use proper english and proper spelling. We have several foreigners who get on and either use their rough english skills or a web translator to read the site. They cannot do that if you type like you are. Its ok if you don't have perfect grammar or you don't use proper punctuation, but that doesn't mean all writing conventions should just be thrown out the window.

Also, bumping or spamming the boards such as you have will only make people think lowly of you. I know its the web and you have anonymity, but think of this as real life, because this site is often times used for real life connections and applications. Would you walk up to a random stranger and repeatedly knock on their door asking for a lawnmower let alone try to do it without speaking properly? I would hope not.

Lastly (from me at least) this isn't a place to beg. One great thing about jugglers is that they are generous people, but that doesn't mean you should exploit it. People are much more likely to give when someone either has a visible need and is humble about it, or they see great aspiration from someone. Example: Yout want to work hard at college and become a good, hard working human being, so here is some money to help you get by and make things easier for you as you pursue a good quality goal.

As far as buying a 3" steel ball (not steall) you can buy them from Dube.com (american) Neonhusky.com (american) Poi Poi (european)

There may be more, but I only did a 1 minute search. Have you tried that yet? Dial up sucks, but google is your friend.
Themistocles

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 3:22 am    Post subject:

you no what? i really dont care how people think of me and im not ganan change for you guys just because you dont liek teh way i spell or type. and btw im not begging. if i was begging i would have asked more than twice. i think twice is a reasonable amount of times to ask
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

He's got you there twist, he's a rebel without a spellchecker. (The latest firefox comes free with a built in spellchecker, you know, if you ever wanted to be legible)

Just a quick note to say that those poipoi steel balls are no good for contact they're very thin, hollow steel and they weigh very little, so good for toss but not for contact. Au Naturelle is still the best British option not sure about the rest of Europe though.

Seriously though Themistocles you can chill out here, we're not a community based around anonimity and bravado like so much of teh internets. Take it easy and take a minute longer to type a post, there's no rush after all.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Wade

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

mmm for someone with such a friendly looking avatar that was quite a mean post..

Welcome to the community Themistocles
May i recommend if you can afford it to just get acrylic balls, if you like to perform maybe keep one aside, and use the other one as a practice ball. Truth is you are going to drop the acrylic eventually, and damage it. Might as well get it it over and done with

(Edit: this post was assuming you are a roller, not a palmspinner. You may have already passed that stage of freaking out when you drop the acrylic.. I know i havent, 4 years on )
silver

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

hmm, interesting name, arrogant, corrupt, ostracized Athenian politician declared traitor and later worshiped as a god(by Persians)
all about 2500 years ago so probably no longer relevant.

i got my steel balls from a cheap 'everything' shop for about £1 each. they weigh 1/2kg each at 3.25 inch.

oh, and twice in two days on a slow board is a little pushy, it's not like your thread had disappeared 6 pages deep now, is it?

silver
Wade

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 1:09 pm    Post subject:

it seems they dont like the bumpage..
I didnt realise steel balls were so cheap
its not like im on a quest fr finding interesting balls anymore but I might pop into a hot dollar shop next time I pass and see if I can find some (I usually avoid those type of shops).

At that price I am prepared to try a silver ball
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: steall balls

Quote:
plz give me 1 plz

Sounded to me like you were asking for a ball and I apologize in that respect. That just goes to show you how improper writing makes it hard for people to understand. The rest of my statement still holds true though.

This isn't your ordinary forum. This has transformed into an actual online community and we are all a part of it. I am nothing more than a contributing community member and have no authority, and in that regard perhaps I stand alone and am stepping on toes. However, I evidently feel it was important enough to bring up and perhaps lose face over it.

If you wish to have a good time here, keep some simple things in mind:
Don't bump
Don't AOL or 1337 $p3@K
keep posts relevant except in the Random Threads section
Use a search before posting a topic that might have been posted already
Respect your fellow members
Keep content appropriate
Spell check when possible or at least your best judgment when it comes to spelling.

I'm not asking for you to change who you are, I'm telling you to respect our community a little more.

In regards to the light steel balls, I love mine for body rolling. Its like a hard shiny stage ball And everyone loves a nice stage ball for body moves. I think mine is just a hair heavier than my 4" babache (its a 4" chrome from a home and garden store for $6)
Nevermore

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ROME.com

garden store sell 4" steel floating gazing balls.

I gotta side with twist, take some time so we can actually understand you.
Saulie

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Twist----

but but but.... what do you mean you have no authority? You are the holder of the Titanium spork. :-p

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
Themistocles

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2024 11:14 pm    Post subject:

when i said plz give me one i was just asking for a link srry bout that an d for teh spelling part idrk
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2024 5:00 am    Post subject:

i wish i had a cool fork likes joes
but seriously this really isnt the fastest board ever, wait a few days before bumping it, were from all around the world, lots of different time zones, and only about 20 or so " normal/active memebers( aka myself, colin briney thorn LTC etc..." and then about another 20 "well known and respected but not so active members( aka ferret shifty L7 Drew etc)
just wait a few days man, you'll get more respect and better responses
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: