ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
two finger cradle, butterfly, everything...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahmid

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject: two finger cradle, butterfly, everything...

Is it ok that i do pretty much evertying with only my index and middle finger?

My cradle has the ball resting between the first and second knuckles of my index and middle fingers.

Is that bad? Should I train my hands to do the normal three fingered cradle, no matter how wierd it feels?

Rahmid

ljcoombes

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject:

No, Rahmid. You don't need to learn to do everything with the three fingered cradle. There are many moves that can be done just as easily with either version. Many moves work better with one hold or the other, but for the most part, it is up to you which you feel the most comfortable with. Personally, I almost never use the 3 finger hold and I have done alright for myself. On the other hand, there are many cjers on this site who perform far more difficult moves than I do and they may have a different opinion.

So, to summarize, do what you feel the most comfortable with, but realize that some tricks will be better with on hold or the other.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject:

basicly do what feels right
Rahmid

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2024 3:53 am    Post subject:

OK, cool cause i tried to the three finger and it's really akward doing the butterfly and doesn't look as good when i do it.

thanks

Rahmid

Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject:

Sometimes I noticed I use a hybrid cradle. Its a 2 finger cradle. but I just raise the ring and drop the middle a millimeter or 2. the balls track is still on the 2 finger cradle but the ball still touches the ring finger for stablity and it acts somewhat as a guide. I do use 2 and 3 finger cradles too. Basicly I think I just keep the ball on there somewhere
Koakuma

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject:

when i firsrt started nothing felt right. this is no excuse not to learn moves properly. if you want to get good at this, learn the three finger cradle and do it until it feels natural. that doesn't mean that the two finger cradle doesn't have it's uses but, you must learn to use both variations so that they feel natural.
Rahmid

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2024 3:20 am    Post subject:

What would be the difference? and pro and cons?

Rahmid

Rahmid

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2024 3:21 am    Post subject:

What would be the difference? and pro and cons?

Rahmid

Rahmid

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2024 3:27 am    Post subject:

that was wierd....

Rahmid

Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject:

3 fingers tends to be more stable, but a 2 finger lets you/the ball roll fast and smoother in and out of transistions.
Rahmid

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure it's imposible for me to do the 3 finger butterfly.

My fingernails stick up very slightly and i have to bend my fingers to get it over them or the ball go flying into my tv(eep). And it looks rediculous. I have to bend my fingers completly(kinda looks like a gorilla hand). So i'm just going nto stay wiht the two fingers

Rahmid

Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2024 3:58 am    Post subject:

when I do a 3 finger cradle the ball doesn't go over the middle finger. It does the same thing as a 2 finger.

And how long have you been cjing? Well that doesn't matter, it just might be a bit early to get into the habit of saying "its impossible for me". You are wrong about that.
Rahmid

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

True, "never say never" mwahahaha

I've been Cjing about 8 days. I thinik i'm doing pretty good. Past the basic stuff and now just trolling the moves section and working my left arm to death. heh heh

Rahmid

duliman

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

Yea, i am like u, i only just started a couple days ago but the 2 fingered cradel fells so much smoother and i can preform it beter as to when i do the 3 finger one it just looks so odd, lol.
Rahmid

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2024 12:20 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm alot better now and still do the 2 finger, I can do 3, but i really dont like it. It doesn't look good when i do it. I dont know why. lol, like it's right, seriously, it's right, i'm not doing anything wrong, and it just doens't fit the way i do things i guess. Somethings it fits, but bleh. I dont even body roll that much anymore, isos, woo

Rahmid

ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: