ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
The Matrix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imaginary Miny Prodigy
thinks inside the box

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject:

I just bougth a new camera and i'm sure to take it with me, if i can visit the meetup in Rotterdam!
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 1:13 am    Post subject:

http://contactjuggling.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.html?t=1700&postdays;=0&postorder;=asc&start;=15

biggup for stickman

check thread for my post from last year I was hinting at matrixs then ....I've been practicing a really hard matrix for a long time. but LTC will probably be there at the full matrix chestroll slightly before me. ok maybe not quite slightly, more like WTF! dude howed you get that so quick.

also we do it long armed, ie start the roll in a crucifix pose. it looks way better. and you create such a beautiful movement with your body. matrixs are coming in this year for sure. I showed Jea9 my really hard 1/2 matrix and she really liked it. She'll be whooping all our asses when it starts happening for her.

I've also said, at this moment in time at least, if any one can do a slow and clean full chestroll matrix from both sides the they are quite possibley the SICKEST roller out there right now. its right on the edge. but it has to be clean though

and again props for stickman
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 2:30 am    Post subject:

man, i think i got lucky the first time i did it.
ive only been able to do it once since then. matrixs are freakin hard.
i mean your using your side to roll the ball level/upwards when it wants to go down.
matrixes are sick
Stick Man

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 3:33 am    Post subject:

Lol, that thread is hilarious in hind sight.

I’ve been attempting a few different ½ matrix variations, and I toyed with that long arm ½ matrix you’re talking about for a few mins and then decided to try some that were A LOT less difficult.

Is anyone doing matrix moves without any kind of body turn? There are a few types I can do facing one direction through the whole movement, but it makes it harder and less smooth. A 90 or 180 degree turn as the ball rolls over my side makes everything move more fluidly for me.

Also, the video I have posted as a ½ matrix chest roll is not the same as the definition I have posted of a ½ matrix chest roll. I’m happy with the definition, but I don’t know what the most accurate name for the move in the video would be. I’ve run into this problem with a lot of the different matrix combo possibilities. For example: In a chest roll matrix, you could either roll the ball directly from the chest, under the arm to the back. Or you could do the chest roll and than roll the ball over your shoulder and around to your chest. Same problem with behind the neck rolls and the problem gets twice as bad with around the neck rolls.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject:

lets worry about doing them well first. then we'll worry about refining the naming whats what. i think your naming scheme works for me.

as for the movement.. I try to do them by just doing a huge rotation at the waist, and bending alot. takes a very large amount of strength, flexability and controll. it does work. or at least it can

so start stretching and doing bends at the waist now you guys and in 6mnths you'll be there entering the matrix. [/b]
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 4:23 am    Post subject:

man, we'll be getting agents showing up at our houses pretty soon.

anyways, after watching some more of stick mans vids on youtube, i have noticed that he/you do turn quite a bit, which seems to help after trying it a few times.
these are amazingly cool new moves, there probably not all that hard once the basics are gotten down, but all of the movments are so new and unheard of, its going to take awhile before it feels more natural
Imaginary Miny Prodigy
thinks inside the box

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 6:39 am    Post subject:

[quote="AlwaysRavingNearlyAResult"]there probably not all that hard once the basics are gotten down, [/quote]

Ha! Ha! HA!
mcp

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

heh! All your CJ moves belong to CS!

(contact staff, not computer science. )

The pertinent part of a matrix, what makes it different and not just a combination of various rolls, is the transfer from the shoulder / chest under the armpit to the shoulder / back of neck. (either way round) (In staff, it's spinning so it's a propellor at the shoulder) I think you should consider that when you give it's name to combinations of rolls.

So it you wanted an authentic name, you would call it a monster roll, or a useful name: An armpit roll.
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject:

It was only a matter of time before thevoice of contact staff appeared, the staff matrix is a phenomenal move (need so much more stick practice when I get back up to scotland). But I reckon the same thing with a ball is going to be much more challenging. Still, anyone up for it?

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject:

naw, the "matrix" sounds so much cooler than "armpit roll"
djgray

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Yeah armpit makes me say ew. Whereas matrix makes me say oooh.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Monster roll is aparently the real name for the staff matrix. but I like matrix myself.

I'm sure it can be done very clean. I've practiced it to the point I can see it clearly. Now I have to make it consistant and polished. I figured I'd have it better by now. but I got sidetracked by tuts and what not. there really is too much to polish.
Stick Man

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2024 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Monster roll is aparently the real name for the staff matrix.

I smell something funny, and its not the armpit roll. I think mcp likes the name Matrix more than Monster Roll, so mcp and mcp’s contact staff cronies are trying to steal the Matrix for themselves, and pass off that old Monster Roll name on us sphere manipulators .

But seriously, I’m glad we finally found a topic to pull mcp into the fourm. It looks like mcp has been around here for a while. Welcome, its always nice to hear input from other contact disciplines.

Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2024 10:30 pm    Post subject:

mcp is secretly learning lots of silly ball stuff, ain't that right?

Well thats what I hear anyway
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2024 10:56 pm    Post subject:

contact ball is way cooler than staff.
im still in favor of calling them matrixs.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: