ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
EUREKA!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Identity

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2024 6:10 pm    Post subject: EUREKA!!!

After what has seemed a lifetime, but in reality only a couple of weeks I have managed to 2 ball palm spin in the opposite direction to my prefered direction... eh?
I could only palm spin CW in my right hand and just couldn't get the balls to go CCW, they would just sit there, whereas I was focusing harder than a Jedi trying to change the earths orbital pattern to move them round but no they just sat there with a WTF expression on their faces (if they had faces).

But EUREKA!!! Today I pick up my balls just for a quick 5 minute practice and thought I would give it another go and would you believe it round they went!!! I could almost hear them saying, "See we can do it, we were just messing with your head for a bit." It's a bit clunky but I can do it!!! I know this isn't the world shattering move that people have been trying for decades nay centuries to master, (I wonder if there is such a move) but it made me happy. And being the caring sharing person that I am, *HOLDS HAND OVER MRS WIFE'S MOUTH* I thought I would share with you guys...
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Congo Ratz! Its always a good feeling to acheive a move you've been working at.
Rione

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Breakthroughs are so much fun! Thanks for spreading the warm 'n fuzzy feelings of hard work paying off in the end
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2024 2:26 am    Post subject:

i got the same feeling after getting my pyramid to spin im my week direction (clockwise if your interested)
i love the magical feeling of acomplishment
Koakuma

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject:

er... clockwise in which hand? i describe spins as thumbwise (rolling from base to tip of thumb) or counter thumbwise (rolling tip to base.) it avoids the confusion of sayng i can do it clockwise in this hand and counter clockwise in this hand etc.
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

its the same no matter which hand your using, and whatever direction your facing. counter clockwise is opposite of the way the clock hands spin, and clockwise is the way they spin.
Identity

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Opposite direction to my norm in both hands now!!! Pretty smooth too, its funny it feels completley different. Spinning this way, it kinda feels I have nothing to do with the movement...

Does anybody else get this? As though the balls don't actually need you there at all and if you walked away they would carry on quite happily by themselves...

Still can't 3 ball palm spin the other way to my norm though. Dag nam it!!!
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

im refering to my right.
cant do much more than hold a pyramid with mey left
Serith Seraki

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:19 am    Post subject:

What size spheres are you working with? 2.5s or 3s?I found that the smaller the ball the easier it is to manipulate.I worked with the 1.5 chinese medicin ball to learn that trick and moved up from there.
suicas

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject:

Congrats, nice going! I felt the same way yesterday when I managed an outer elbow stall (it was just the one, but if I can do it once, I can do it a bunch more times...).

Quote:
Opposite direction to my norm in both hands now!!! Pretty smooth too, its funny it feels completley different. Spinning this way, it kinda feels I have nothing to do with the movement...

Does anybody else get this? As though the balls don't actually need you there at all and if you walked away they would carry on quite happily by themselves...

I've had that feeling as well, it's kind of like when I started palm spinning, I put all my effort into pushing the balls to where I wanted them to go. As I've improved, my efforts seems to be in moving my fingers out of the way so that the balls can carry on spinning on their own...
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: