ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
what tricks are you working on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject:

yup - i have an inspired by Colin/Jeanine roll which I won't be able to explain properly, but It involves BtB bridge roll, with a spiral to a inside knee catch, to a break dance break down (see Mori on MoM) with the ball between my legs, a pop up and spiral all the way up.

So complicated. I call it, the helix... When it's good it will spiral from over my head, spiraling down to a knee switch, only to spiral it back up into the opposing hand...

I'll show you guys soon.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject:

My Bad
I confused the "robespirre roll" (around the neck/AtN), with the "alladin roll" (straight arm BtN) again. I think I do that a lot for some reason.

The Helix sonds sick!
Loom

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

Working on elbow stalls and the Cage (butterfly, in to out and out to in, index-edge and cutting edge). Say, ummm, for a cage to be "real" the knuckles of both hands must be bent and fingertips constantly touching, right? *sweat sweat*
Zap101

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:09 am    Post subject:

I'm working on multiball stuff more so then my body roll stuff. One thing ive been striving for is getting a consistent 3B Shower thing.. and im getting there going both ways but what im also working on is isolating a ball while doing the shower... its interesting to see in my opinion with all the spheres whirling around seperately and to have one stop creates a nice effect.

One ball stuff ive been smoothing out body rolls both ways umm... that one roll where it goes from fore arm to underarm thing... and my behind the necks.. yup.. thats about it.
NOISEassault

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject:

While waiting in line for a rave in phoenix this past saturday, a new trick occurred to me
I'm sure it already exists, but it's new to me.

Anyhow, here's the move in question:
While doing butterflies, instead of rolling the ball over your fingertips, you can move the ball between any pair of fingers by lifting one finger slightly higher than the rest, and rolling the ball over the other digit.

When done right it looks as if the ball is passing through a wicket.

Currently I'm working on getting the ball to "walk" up and down between all fingers consecutively.
Zap101

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I know what your saying Noise... i think.. Micheal Glenn called those finger rolls and worked it into a make shift iso. Thats gonna be fun to learn hehe. oh anyways yeah if you want to see that move its on the Sphereplay DVD... and umm.. thats about all i have to say.
Jowze

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey hello,

I'd like to learn the Aladin roll (now that I know its name ). The last goal was the chest roll but I find it wayyyy more difficult to pass it behind the head.
D'you guys have some advice spared somewhere ? I've a poneytail which is certainly getting in the way of the exercice but it wont be a problem too long. What about the balance ? or the angle of the arm ? Some move that could help doing it first before getting into it ?
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I would recomend solid chestrolls and lots of practice of a vanillia BTN. the straight arm variation tis quite hard with out some practice devoted to those techniques.
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

This was my most-wanted trick, and has really given a path for whatever-it-is I am doing now....

BTN - First, the bigger the ball the easier it is to learn. It's easier to control because of it's large size, and the weight is also nice - however - don't use an acrylic to learn, unless you like to break everything around you - including friends.
Once you learn, it will become easier to do with a small ball - because you will understand the details of your arm angles.

The biggest problem I had with BTN was getting it from the shoulder back down to the palm/cradle. You can practice this by placing the ball with your hand (in any number of ways) on that shoulder to roll down. Gaining this control is key.

Goodluck, keep trying - it's bound to happen soon.

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Body rolls, start with big ball.
start with something like a basketball/volleyball.
then a RG ball at 6" is brilliant
after that I have a 5" stage ball (at 2* 5" toy balls that cost me 2 bucks each)

Says the guy who spent this evening practicing chest rolls with a 15mm marble!
Stick Man

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Straight arm over the head roll variation.

Both arm out straight like your going to do an Aladdin Roll.
If the ball is in the cradle of your left hand, look at your right hand.
Roll ball across left arm, up back of head to top of head or forehead.
Turn head 180 degrees to look at left hand.
Let ball roll down the back of your head and across right arm.

I'm only working on getting it up the forehead stall point right now, but it seems like the natural progression would be down the other arm.

Learning BtN rolls:
Personally, I found adding a pirouette to my BtN rolls made them much easier to learn.
khan

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2024 11:40 pm    Post subject:

A couple months ago I posted that I was working on the btn roll. Well, I set that aside for a bit to concentrate on other things, but today my brand spanking new rythmic gymnastics ball arrived, so now I'm back on mission. Can't wait to get back to it...not to mention other body rolls.
Jowze

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the tips ! I definitly have to get one bigger ball or I'll smash the whole place down with my clumsy moves.
The problem now is to really settle down on it cause I'm always working on other moves. More clearly the next goals are :
-2 ball palm spin both hands both direction (touching then un touching)
-BTN roll (iiirk that's tough)
-Fingertip stand (Might be my favourite to, so stiley )(well, when I'll be able to really do it AT LEAST )
-chest roll in the other way

Have some practice scheduled I guess...
daisylou

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject:

oooh khan where did you get your rhythmic gymnastic ball from?

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Hey Daisylou! I got my ball here: rhythmicgymnastics.com

There's a rather bewildering range of prices -- I got the $12 "competition grade" ball which is a whopping 7 1/4" diameter. On rhythmic gymnastics videos I've seen, it seemed to me like the gymnasts would be using a competition grade ball, so that's why I went with this one. It's a little bigger than I realized it would be...a six inch ball may have been a little more manageable, though I did get this ball for training purposes rather than for performance. On this site, the 6" size is considered a kids' ball.

There are places in the U.K. that sell these -- in my web search for rhythmic gymanstics balls, I did come across a couple of U.K. sites, so you might want to look around for a vendor on your side of the pond.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: