ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
what tricks are you working on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2024 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Dawn- Yep. IMO the camera is possibly the most overlooked piece of jugglers kit. If you want all the help you can get, I feel that is absolutely 100% essential to film and watch the footage you take a few times a week.

I had long term access to a camera. I filmed 45mins practicaly everyday. and pretty much watched all of it. In the six months i was doing that, it
did soo much for me i don't know were to begin. EVERY thing that I stumbled upon is credited to using the camera. Also I learnt alot about how to hold the rest of my body in bodyrolls. I like a clean posture without stray fingers or funny shoulder angles ect. Camera made me aware of lots of isolation too.

And probably most importantly, I started to practice in a different way....knowing I was going to be watching the footage later it became second nature to make every isolation clean, every posture clean. And built a really critical eye in me. Basicly everytime I practiced it was like I had to make it worth watcing....Worth studying the footage for good technique as well as whats going wrong.

It takes a fair while to actually get past the point where the camera doesn't bother you though. Once that happens it helped me understand what I wanted to be doing. It focused some of my direction so I can get instant feedback. I did stray away from filming stuff I couln't do very well, nothing is more annoying than watching yourself atempt a trick like 10xs and scrape ot a rusty looki one.

daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2024 12:17 am    Post subject:

Believe me, I know. I've got some ugly i'm-learning-to-wave footage. *blech* that's a hard watch...

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I’m so excited I felt I had to share!
After 6 hours yesterday, and 6 hours (so far) today, the “Windmill” is starting to come into itself, temple catches are finally becoming consistent, and the full matrix seems so close I can taste it. For the record, it’s a little salty. Time for more stretches and spinning in circles.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

you better have your camera on!!! i want to see the full matrix
khan

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2024 12:49 am    Post subject:

Stick Man, the windmill sounds pretty cool, though I can't quite sync-up your description with a poi windmill. Do you have a video of it? Maybe I should look in your YouTube vids...

I'm working on the btn roll, and separating my two-ball palm spin. I can get it for a couple of revolutions in both hands, but then they either click or drop. I have managed to isolate one of the balls, but can't keep them separated yet when I do that. Also I'm working on the chest roll from left to right (I can already do right to left). I can do l to r but not yet consistently. And every session I spend a fair amount of time working on general flow.
NOISEassault

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:18 am    Post subject:

I'm practicing as many things as I can.
But what I'm really trying to nail are chest rolls, and behind the neck rolls.

I can sometimes get the ball to go around, but I'll be damned if I can get it to properly go down my other arm. The ball usually becomes a high speed projectile.

Weept
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:13 am    Post subject:

behind the neck rolls aren't easy to learn at first, but more-so depending on the size of ball, the weight, and the steps you learn before hand.

In contact juggling part-2 they talk about passing from a cradle in your right hand, placing it on your left shoulder and learning to roll from there. That way, if you can get it around, that technique is already learned, and it's just connecting the two points.

Also use a large ball. 4" at least. Believe me, I tried and tried with a tiny ball, and it's an excruciating way to learn.

trying to learn - over-the-head rolls, more combos with bridges & Ice skater moves (see Winter Rain). Between the knees, and leg rolls are slowly coming along...

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

8 ball cubes. Are tough.

I'm also trying to nail this "getting a degree" trick. I should practise it a bit more than I currently do really...
NOISEassault

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject:

In the 5 weeks since I've begun CJing, I've gotten the hang of butterflies, windshield wipers, flipflops, and arm rolls.

This past Friday I finally figured out those infernal chest rolls, and can now do them the majority of the time I attempt 'em.

Today I picked up the divo wave right off the bat, and have started work on barrel rolls.

I still however, cannot for the life of me do neck rolls.
I find it near impossible to consistently get the ball up onto my shoulder where I want it.

I fully intend on getting that sorted out within the next 2 weeks.
Wish me luck.
Spehar

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject:

Working on:
R temple to forehead to L temple to behind the neck to R temple (repeat). Getting fairly consistent with it and when I'm "on" I can bang 'em out over and over like a pro. It's the BTN to R temple that's the hard part. And I've almost cracked that.

Also forever working on BTN rolls. F#$K those little ba$†ards. Why oh why are they so difficult. I swear to God I feel like young Sherlock Holmes with a violin-- "I should have mastered this by now..."

And chest roll to head roll. Is that what they call it (Colin)? FINALLY getting some consistency with this one. I think I've done 3 in a row perfectly and I manage about 20% success regularly. I think this is the coolest trick in the world and plan to have it concrete by August.
Arnar
i am a......

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

been working on doing 3 rosprierrie roll in a row, i can get 2, but not 3
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Are you just making up names now, Arnar?

lawrens

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
3 rosprierrie roll in a row

?

to all the coins I dropped...
Stick Man

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Making up names is where its at! Granted I;ve never been a big fan of that one. I don’t even know how to pronounce it. But it is shorter that saying “straight arm BtN roll”. So I guess I stick with it for now.

Arnar-
If you can do rosprierrie rolls (straight arm BtN rolls) with both palms up and both palms down. All you need to do is connect them with straight arm windshield wipers and you’ll be doing a Windmill.

I’m still working on every matrix variation I can think of, head rolls, and some Jea9 stuff. As far as Jea9 stuff goes… forget about the balancing part of trying to walk a ball on your feet, the abdominal strength required, in itself is impressive. That girl's amazing.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 pm    Post subject:

nu-uh.

a Robespierre roll is NOT supposed to be a straight arm btn.

Not according to this thread at least.

https://contactjuggling.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.html?t=2036&start=0

Wen I think Jea9 I think rolling on your back, or a shoulder roll while chestrolling, cartwheels and leg rolls and all sort of dynamic cool stuf that I should be messing around with like a lot, isn't that Right daydream.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: