ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
[ KB ] 1b 2 hand crossed up isolation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkbaker
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: [ KB ]

[ Article updated...rkbaker ]

Category: Moves
Type: 1 Ball

Article Name: 1b 2 hand crossed up isolation
Author: rkbaker
Description: silver 2002-08-10

>>Read Full Article
kodiak

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Amazing

this move is awesome man!! Are you using a 73cm or what? I've been trying to do it with my 3" acrylic but I just cant pull it off. I can see you fliping your hands over, but I just can't get the rythem of it. Do you have any tips cause that is an amazing illusion that I would love to show off!!
BallZac

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Dude! I'm biting that for my growing collection of iso's. Isolations rock.
nexusj

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject:

kudos and large props for that one. . . a sweet find. mind if i adapt that to my own performance? thanks--

--Drew J.
silver

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: [ KB ]

[ Article updated...silver ]

I just added a description, finally............

>>Read Full Article
Cameron

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject:

grr i hate this move I can never figure it out... no matter how well its explained any one wanna try giveing me a even more broken down explination especialy with what hand is above other other and when ... the wrist part of it really confuses me and is the back of the hand ever faceing the ball Im sure I could ask alot more... but Ill start with those...
rkbaker
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: [ KB ]

Category: 1 Ball

Article Name: 1b 2 hand crossed up isolation

>>Read Full Article
rkbaker
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: [ KB ]

Category: 1 Ball

Article Name: 1b 2 Hand Crossed Up Isolation

>>Read Full Article
XraySpeX

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

argh, i wish I could slow it down. Is there any way you can post a link to a different video it is in so that I can slow it down.... this clip just plays so fast!

Thanks,
XraySpeX
RTHaworth

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

That trick is totally awsome. The description of said trick, however, is less than comprehensible to the n00b, such as my self. Can anyone expound on how, exactly, to do this trick. I am probly too n00by to be even trying but, hey, why the hell not give it a go?
BezboNKD

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Psh, what I've found is that the easiest trick to learn as a beginner, is the one you're most interested in, it gives you often the hardest part- incentive to learn.

How I went about learning this trick, as with most tricks, was to break it down into parts. First start with the ball on the palm side of your hand, resting on your fingers close to your fingertips. Then, get used to rolling the ball from between your index/middle finger, to inbetween your pinky/ring finger, and back again. From there, once you've gotten familliar with that, take your other hand and place it palm up next to your first hand, so that the pinkies are paralell, and the edge side of your hands are touching. From that, continue to practice rolling back and forth between both sets of Index/middle fingers. This part, (if you didn't know before) Is called the the wave

Next step, is to isolate this wave, so the ball stays in place while your hands move around it. More or less, the key is to move your hands to the right, just as fast as the ball is rolling left, and vice versa. Once you've got that down, you have the isolated wave

Now to turn that into the two-hand cross up isolation, at either end of the isolated wave, (when the ball is resting on your index/middle finger,) take your empty hand, bring it over the ball to the other side, allowing the wrists cross, and you now have two index fingers next to each other. Roll the ball into your crossed hand, stoping between your crossed hand's pinky/ring finger.

If you can do that, in both directions and isolate it, you've got the two-hand crossover isolation.

The last and final step (crucial to learning any move) is practice. Don't be discouraged if you have some initial trouble passing it from index to index, or if it's not completely isolated at first. The more you try and play around with it, the smoother it'll get.

Hope that helped spell things out better!
Fraxture

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I know, I felt the same way when I saw this vid. So I just sat there, and watched it, and I focused on the left hand, only the left hand watching it, then when I was sure of it's path, I just watched the right hand.

It seems complicated, but so far this is one of the easiest I have attempted to learn from the 1b thread so far.

I know that isn't very helpful, but that works for me. I isolate a problem in parts, and then I mentally assemble the project.

I showed it to a friend, and when he viewed it the same way, he saw the move as well.

Hope that helps a little.
BezboNKD

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh! that reminds me, I forgot. When practicing this move, it helps to do it in front of a mirror. Because it looks ten times better seeing it streight on, (like in the clip) than from the performers point of view.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Knowledge Base Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: