ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Mills mess with Butterfly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
he4rty

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mills mess with Butterfly

Not the best quality as recorded on webcam and I still need to get a bit smoother with more control, but somehow I don't seem to be getting past this point, its seems a bit fast on the vid so slowed it down for the second part so you can all see whats happening hopefully.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=84b5876aaf4e59378c28&page;=1&viewtype;=&category;=mr
Cybele

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject:

nice!

i think if you polished it, it could be quite effective
NOISEassault

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject:

VERY impressive concept you have here.
Keep running with it.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I hadn't seen it done like that, neato! Have you seen how...um.... one of the guys that I can't remember his name (sorry) does it in the Playing in the Multisphere dvd? 2 balls in one palm (right, for my example) one in the other (left). The 2 are lined up one in the palm, one on the fingers, and you basically forget about the front ball and focus on the back one, and do a regular butterfly with it. The top ball will fly off and fall just behind your hand (try it, you'll see). That's where your other hand comes in. Thumb hold the left ball, and catch the falling sphere in the cradle, then butterfly both arms back out, so you now have 2 in the left palm and one in the right. It's a really cool looking move, and it gets good responses. I've got to watch yours some more and figure it out, maybe it would work to transition from one method to the other for an even neater look that either separately. hmm....

Anyway, if I didn't explain that method good, maybe there's a video somewhere, or I could try to capture it. Mine's not super smooth yet either, but its fun.
he4rty

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I think it makes sense, theres an old vid in the wiki called mills mess with cradle catch which would flow nicely into the move I do(or attempting).

Lets see if we can explain it, you have LH one ball in cradle position ( this is the butterfly ball for your LH) and one in a thumb hold position hand slightly over your right arm, your RH has one ball held in palm, this ball will be the butterfly ball for your right hand.

to start begin to butterfly left hand and halfway through move throw or release thumb held ball, the right hand tennis throws its ball and snatches thumb held ball, comes to rest in position just over left arm and fork catches the ball it had just thrown.

Hope that makes sense.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: