ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
back of arm roll/chest roll
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spazzle

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject:

*FADE IN*

Hello! Hi! Good to be back everyone, youre reading the .org forum, the time is coming up to 8pm on Tuesday the 20th November. Hope youre enjoying the show here tonight - weve been having a heated debate on the use of bad techniques in CJ. Ed has just asked 'Why waste your time learning two techniques (bad one followed by good one), when you only need learn one?' but my query is whats the difference between crossing your arms when first learning a chest roll and using an empty hand to push when learning a pyramid? Surely in the grand scheme of things both are break downs proportional to the difficulty level of the move.

Back to you Ed in the studio....
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” G.C
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a serious issue of raising my arm once I get the ball rolling which causes the ball to drop onto my chest. I have no idea how to break this habbit.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject:

tie a rope around your wrist and around your foot that stops your arm from going too high?

and Spaz... lol. Thanks for adding that. Having fun is the most important part of all.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Contact agony uncle Ed () says:

xdavidx, to fix that, yuo're gonna have to spend time rolling along your arm, but conciously making that effort not to move your arm at all. Don't worry about drops, you're gonna get LOADS. each drop tells you that something was wrong, and needs attention. obviously, everyone's muscles are different, so there's gonna be different things to adjust to for different people.

After a while, you'll find a position in which you can roll the ball from your fingers all along your arm without needing to correct at all. so that your arm has created a perfect track for the ball, as it were.

Also, don't push into the ball, just let the ball roll. pay attention to where it naturally falls, and make micro adjustments to make it roll for longer before it falls.

Spazzle:

That's what we call 'helping it along' rather than learning to do something inefficiently...

If you learn the pyramid that way, your fingers are going to learn what they need to do, because they can feel how the balls move. once you get used to providing the motion without the safety hand, take away the extra hand, and the pyramid still does the same thing...

With the chest roll, learn it with crossed arms, and you won't be able to get the uncrossed arms version so easily, because the techniques are that different.

My posts are written with a sense of humour. Please read them with one.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:

right. too much thinking in one day for me.

Good luck people!

I'm outta here.

(or at least, in the mood for posting of a less serious nature... )

Spazzle

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject:

*FADE IN* (spazzle with an umbrella wildly flying around in a dark and drizzly gloucester)

*SHOUTS OVER DOWNPOUR* Thanks for clearing that up Ed!!! theres a few things to think about for sure!!

*lorry drives by spraying spazzle with petrol soaked curb puddle*

*regaining composure*

Well thats it from me too folks, youve been reading .org. Tune in nextime for Sex, Love and Life with Agony Uncle Ed. Can he offer any advice to a certain forum member with a very nasty bottom rash? Find out next week. From me, Spazzle, its goodnight.

*holds a smile for an unnatural amount of time before credits finally roll*
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” G.C
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject:

You has a bottom rash?

Spazzle

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh Ed i really do mate - it all started last week when Briney hired me as his asshat for the weekend. Turns out it was all a big misunderstanding and i was just suppost to just take a hat to Bristol for a photograph or something - its real awkward between us now
silver

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject:

wishes he had something lewd, smutty and very very funny to insert here.

and interrupting all this with useful advice..........

xdavidx think! think why? why isn't this doing what i want? why is my arm lifting? think! think what can i do to change that? think, what advice have i recieved lately, and am i following it? think, is it time to post to .org because i have a real problem? or is it time i could use better working this out? finding the answers to these questions(that only you can as only you are there)will solve many of your problems.

I think that this is the best advice i can give you, in the long run it will allow you to learn much faster.

Also, i've no idea why your arm is lifting because so many factors could be messing you up, re-read all the advice you've had lately and apply it to the problem you are having.

thought and time will see you progress.
su2po

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:

wow im glad that was all resolved without any beatings, it was getting a bit tense there for a while, well done spazzle ive never seen a situation diffused with such elegance and smut.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: