ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
3 week progress

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: 3 week progress

A little late getting this vid up, but anyway, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwkfRkKkOU

got some new tricks in my bag, and working on some others, hopefully will get something a little more impressive out before long.
he4rty

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Well that was awesome for only three weeks, did you get any sleep during that time or was it 24hr practice.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I got a little... hehe. I've always caught on to things quickly, and that was in the middle of the KC ren faire, so I had a lot of time during the day as I'm hawking at people to practice too. Plus, I was just up the hill from TryOutToys booth at the faire, so I visited them alot in the evenings when things slowed down, and they were able to give me some pointers, which I know helped alot. BTW, incase anyone is wondering, starting segment is a 4" polished stainless, multisphere work are 2.5" acrylics, and finishing with a 4" acrylic.
Cybele

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:

very impressive! especially after only 3 weeks

one word of advice would be when you're doing the circle your back-back transfers seem a bit short, maybe try extending them a little

keep up the good work!
Cannonballjames

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:

yeah... that circle was the bane of my existence for a a while... seriously, I had more trouble learning that than I did body rolls. They are much smoother now. I also had a real hard time getting (and I still don't know all the proper terms, forgive me) inside circles palm to palm smoothly... mainly transferring at the top of the circle across the finger tips, it just bounced around, and looked like crap. Someone suggested to me to try to do it in slow motion to get it smooth, and that helped. Now, I actually use that in performance, I'll do just basic butterfly and hand circle stuff normal speed, or maybe a tad faster than I normally do, then kind of robot dance style, go into slow motion and do the same routine. I think it gives a neat effect. Thanks for the critique! Bugs me when people are too concerned about hurting feelings to say something when it will help them in the long run.
nagini

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:

3 weeks???!!!

r u serious??!!!

when i started, 7 years ago, i remember that it took me so long (i think 4 or 5 months) just to learn a proper butterfly!!!

but i know that i am a little "slow" ('cause i can see that a few friends of mine learn faster than me, when we work on new tricks).

but.. 3 weeks, it's AMAZING!!

and you said that you perform already...

i started performing after a couple of years!!!
before i only played djambè while my friens were performing (poi, devil sticks, fire stick...)
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Incredible!

Righto, when you do the palm iso you need to use your fingers/fingertips more, and flatten that palm. At one point you should almost do a drum roll movement with your fingertips. If you have a 4" stageball, try practicing with that too, they are good for learning IMO. Hope this helps!

Great stuff, and keep 'em coming!
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject:

yeah, right hand is getting there, I'm able to get it to roll almost to the point of falling off but not quite. Left hand palm iso's are... not quite so. Now and then it'll be still, but not for long. I really like rolls a lot more, so have put alot more focus on practicing those than isolation work, especially left hand, which is BAD. Newbies, you hear that? Neglecting practicing with your non-dominant hand is BAD! I'll keep after it though, maybe I should focus on an iso only video, since that is my weakest point atm, I think. Get some good advice there.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject:

oh my goodness... I just rewatched the video playing it for a family member... those palm iso's are CRAP! completely horrendous... don't try to make me feel better and say otherwise either. I know crap when I see it. And I saw it. Though tempting, I wont re-edit the video without them... at least I am comforted to know that I have them MUCH better now.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: