ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Driving me crazy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T0dd

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject: Driving me crazy

What is it about this move, http://contactjuggling.org/mx/?page=6&mode;=article&k;=41 that is so hard for me to get? I mean, I can watch this thing over and over, but when I try to do it, I just get confused and don't know what to do with my hands. It does look "self-explanatory" but I guess my hands have a different idea about explanations.
Cybele

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Well i cant be sure because i havent quite got the hang of this move yet either, but i think the trick is when the hand slides from underneath the ball and go over/around the back, you have to turn your palm over so that your whole arm doesnt get twisted.

I hope this helps if you can make sense of it ! ^^

Also it took me some while to get to that conclusion and it might not even be right and still is really puzzling so it would be helpful if someone who knows how to do it can give some tips
Thorn

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2024 5:55 pm    Post subject:

T0dd, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-382OlVgs

I think if you follow this tutorial of Porcubrine's, you'll see where it is you're having problems as well as learn things you hadn't thought about yet.

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

forget about what the hands are doing as they go over the ball. I think the most important part of this move, is the finger wave thing going on underneath the ball.

The reason the hands cross up, is because you need to bring your right hand behind your left, and vice versa, in order to maintain the roll of the ball. of course, the roll is isolated.

Watch what the fingers are doing under the ball, and before you know it, you'll either be doing the same thing as silver there, or adding your own little spark to it.

So, roll across one hand to the other. then bring your first hand, over and behind the second hand, and start the finger rolling again. reverse. repeat. rinse.
silver

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

muhaahaaahaaahaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

you're not the first to get caught up in this one. i could say that i did it all with trickery and mirrors and let you sleep nights, but no. follow eds advice, reread the description i gave, and maybe try going through the motion without the ball in the way. it's really simple, honest! giggles wickedly
T0dd

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I think I need one of Brinola's step-by-step slow-mo tutorials.
silver

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

one slomo vid coming right up, not up to brines standard but hopefully enough to give you a hand.
[youtube]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynxdx3xuLqU[/youtube]
Cybele

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2024 11:16 pm    Post subject:

thanks! super helpful
T0dd

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2024 2:23 am    Post subject:

[quote="silver"]one slomo vid coming right up, not up to brines standard but hopefully enough to give you a hand.
[youtube]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynxdx3xuLqU[/youtube][/quote]

Deluxe!!! Thank you beaucoup, that's exactly what I needed. Of course it'll take me six months to be able to do it, but at least now I have the idea. For some reason that GIF at full speed is a complete spellbinder, and I guess that proves it's a good move to know.
bruno

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

For those moves on fingers, work very slowly paying attention that the ball is on only two fingers at the time. It'll help quickly !
PorcuBrine
Chitter-chattering, wee magical heather bear

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

yay I finally know how you did that, I've been doing it slightly differently (and not as smoothly) all this time. Noice one silver, you've reminded me I want to put a ratchet tutorial up because I spent months failing to get that move off the gif.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
Illumilatte

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 4:09 am    Post subject:

PorcuBrine wrote:
yay I finally know how you did that, I've been doing it slightly differently (and not as smoothly) all this time. Noice one silver, you've reminded me I want to put a ratchet tutorial up because I spent months failing to get that move off the gif.

Yes, Please do Briney. That one boggles my mind.
su2po

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject:

do you know mills mess in toss juggling? its the same thing but isolated and smaller. i hope this doesnt confuse the issue more =) thats how i learned it anyway.
Aimee

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject:

su2po wrote:
do you know mills mess in toss juggling? its the same thing but isolated and smaller. i hope this doesnt confuse the issue more =) thats how i learned it anyway.

Really? I gave up trying to learn Mill's Mess months ago, but I got this one the other day (after about three hours staring at the animated gif waving my arms about like Jack Sparrow on triple espresso) - maybe I'll try and pick it up again now. Cheers!
su2po

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

[/quote]
Really? I gave up trying to learn Mill's Mess months ago, but I got this one the other day (after about three hours staring at the animated gif waving my arms about like Jack Sparrow on triple espresso) - maybe I'll try and pick it up again now. Cheers![/quote]

mills mess is a little more complicated cos you have to throw the balls but your hands cross in the same manner just a bit wider, good luck, i gave up toss juggling for a while after i learned mills mess cos it wrecked my head so mutch but thats a long way behind me now thank god.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: