ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Another possibly stupid question...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcmurphy

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Another possibly stupid question...

The palmspinning... exactly what are you referring too? Are you moving several balls in a circle or are you actually making a ball spin in one spot on your hand? I am just confused as to whether the ball actually spins in one spot or if it is all in the hand movements.

Mcmurphy
dpizarro159

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject:

as i understand palmspinning is when you leave the ball on the same spot and make it rotate with your palm without moving the ball...

PD: damn i hate that im forgetting my english... cant express my words fluidly and correct...

hope you understand lol

PD2: when your playing you having differents spots to play.. like X, Y, and Z, how do you call these spots?

mmmm cant understand myself lol... going to try it with a simple drawing

in spanish its called "eje" cant remember con english... axe maybe? but i know that axe is a weapon, but myabe has 2 meanings...

lol this post was funny to write

edit part: if you use the drawing for palmspinning, the ball would be where X and Y intersects and your hand will be moving around X... well im forgeting another coordenate that will be front and back...

lol thats my worst explaining i've done
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:

Palmspinning is spinning balls in your palm. Its a fundemental to Multiball manipulation. It looks like these moves
https://www.contactjuggling.org/mx/index.php?page=8&mode=article&k=187
*ok that one looks freaky lol, we need to update those old broken gifs..*
https://www.contactjuggling.org/mx/index.php?page=8&mode=article&k=224
https://www.contactjuggling.org/mx/index.php?page=8&mode=article&k=214
https://www.contactjuggling.org/mx/index.php?page=8&mode=article&k=247

what you are describing is often refered to as a palm circle isolation or just palm circle. I would link to the one in the moves section but I don't think anyone should really atempt to figure it out by watching that clip.
dpizarro159

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject:

lol, i got it all wrong then jajajaja.... mistakes make you learn .. yay
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

the palm circle is so indescribably worth learning to the millimeter. I haven't seen a really good one in a little while. the ability to be so sensitive that you can smoothly make 1 rotation a minute without any stoppy starty happening always in complete controll of the position and at a constant speed. Its very simple. its as much about mind games with your own body and mind as it is about time served in practice.

I love palm circles *need to have a tshirt*

I have been repolishing mine lately. Can't have LTC get that much more uber at his than mine is!
dpizarro159

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

i love palmcircles, i practice that all day... need to polish a little more my front and back movement....
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Knowledge Base Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: