ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Question about palmspinning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Light

Posted: Thu May 03, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject: Question about palmspinning

so i just got my extra acrylics and i went to do lik simple 2 and 3 ball palmspins.
my question is whether or not the balls should be hitting each other alot when you do the 2ball palmspin and to a lesser degree the 3ball one. it seems that my 2ball goes more in an oval shape, with the longer radius at the thumb and the pinky. if i try really hard and go slowly i can prevent the hitting and make it more circular but its really hard.
so should i go for the more circular one? and if so does any1 know what im doing wrong?
i jus thought that 2ball palmspinning was supposed to be easy...
Nevermore

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject:

From what ive heard it should be as round and quiet as possible. Just keep at it and they will stay together better. You really dont want the oval shape when you move into 3 ball as youll never get a pyramid to stay up with the balls changing their shape on you.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

the answer is probably quite obvious, it is to me at least. but which do you think will look nicer to watch?

And find a video of someone whose technique you thought was really impressive. and just kinda look for the details.
Jowze

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

From my non-veterant Point of view :
No clicks feels better to me, even if I like some light clicking noise some time. I find that it feels better without.It's Smoother, and smooth feels good (and looks good).

I'd say palmspinning touching is easier than non touching but then it might depend on people. I find it harder and more tiring for my hands while palmspinning non touching but it's certainly because I do it less than touching. I'm pretty sure that getting well either one of the two must help for the other.

Maybe there is some written material like some book around that could help you aswell, but I can't get to think of any right now...
Drew

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Hey Light,
Palmspin 2 balls (always touching), and go as slowly as you need to so that there are no clicks at all, and focus on also keeping the speed constant all the way round.

Sergent Pepper. Hmmm if there were a book about Multiball Contact, I'd wonder what it says about this in Superhint 4: page 54

Drew
lawrens

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Maybe there is some written material like some book around that could help you aswell, but I can't get to think of any right now...

to all the coins I dropped...
Light

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

so does any1 know what im doing wrong? it seems if i pay attention to my palmspinning, there are no clicks. but if i jus do it absent mindedly or lik concentrating on 1b palm circles in the other hand, the clicking starts again.
Dizz
Not so Normal

Posted: Fri May 04, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I thought I would say it first: pay attention! Seriously though, I think that with more practice, it will smooth out naturally... not that I palm spin though.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Sat May 05, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

not paying attention is probably not ideal dude. In early developement, You may be more prone to teaching yourself things you probably shouldn't.

increasing and maintaining your attention and focus combined with the ablity to split that focus to do multitasks is the brainfood of multiball. switching off is not the same as being absorbed. Its not really like TV where your alpha brain waves slow up as if your in a coma.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: