ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Create a new move
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Someone mentioned the front tummy to over the side to the back spine area roll ect, me and an old cj buddy used to do those while pissing our selves wth laughter thinking we look stupid. We did them while laying down flat and rolling over. I'm sure I tried it in the crab position, but probably never got one off. the other funny one we did was from an all fours position, roll the ball down the spine and tumble forward so the ball went between the legs and to the front solar-plexus area. We only did them as jokes, and badly I might add. and I was always trying to do that roll Jea9 does, down the front of her legs to the tops of the feet. Never could get that one really.

Ok now for some completely sick and nasty bodyrolling that I don't imagine anyone will ever get. (Yep I challange the world on this one)

Not sure of the name yet, but it goes something like:

The dead hard chalk outlined starman cartwheel bodyroll

dun dun dunnnn

Basicly you'll be doing a cartwheel while rolling a ball all the way around the outside of your body. yep thats right, you'll need straight armed over the head chest rolls, flank rolls all the way to outside leg rolls, crazy foot controll, and be able to roll the ball from foot to foot in a hand stand while practicaly doing the splits.

Possibly the most rediculous bodyroll I can think of (there is another spiraly thing..). I'm not sure I'd bet money that the mechanics actually work. I think it does though(if your bendy enough). Its just the foot to flank part as you return to upright position I can't fathom, everything else is theoretically possible. You are allowed to have sole of the foot stalls and stalls on the hands in there.

Actually I'll settle for someone just getting a foot to foot across legs while in a handstand. thats feasible.

Come on people wheres the spectulation on matrixs with balls.

tobyw-
Quote:
Ok here is something I thought that might be cool.

Start with a one ball isolated palm spin. Then pass your other hand between the ball and hand. The idea is that an isolated palm spin gives the illusion that the ball is floating, so by passing your other hand beneath the ball sort of 'proves' that the ball is floating. Like when a magician passes a hoop over something to prove there are no wires.

I guess the hard part would be adjusting hand height so that you can't see the ball rise and lower, breaking the isolation.

What do you all think?

that is basicly just an isolated palm exchange. I see where your going with it though. Hmmmm

I'd go with 'passin the hand underneath' with simple exchange from pinky to pinky while keeping the original(first) hand where it is and continuing the movement of the second hand over the top of the first hand to a crossed up position and let the ball exchange back to the original hand via index to index. then swing the second now empty hand back around the ball to the starting position, rinse and repeat
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2024 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Funnily enough, I've just mentioned his name recently, the legendary 'One ball Paul' made the cartwheel bodyroll his goal.
His intensity in learning contact was known far and wide, he ALWAYS had at least one ball with him, and was ALWAYS playing with it/them.
He was the first person I ever saw doing cj, and he'd only just begun learning when I first met him.
I got quickly inspired and we set about learning everything possible, kind of together. Well, he'd learn a move and then show it to me, then I'd learn it afterwards.
I'm totally responsible for giving him that unfortunate nickname.
His skill level and huge interest in multiball stuff way overtook mine, and I ended up sticking with just the one ball and filtering off into a robotic liquid dance style, while he moved to Amsterdam and started busking.
I believe he prefers the name 'Perpetual Paul' these days, but I haven't seen him in donkey's.
I'll bet he's as close as a human can get to pulling off the chalkline cartwheel, wherever he is.
If any of you guys in Holland know of him, tell him I'm still on the same mobile number and give me a bloody ring!
Ruhandra

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

[quote]Basicly you'll be doing a cartwheel while rolling a ball all the way around the outside of your body. yep thats right, you'll need straight armed over the head chest rolls, flank rolls all the way to outside leg rolls, crazy foot controll, and be able to roll the ball from foot to foot in a hand stand while practicaly doing the splits. [/quote]

I am going to have to try that. if I do it I will see if i can record it and post it on here
EdHughes

Location: Where darts are thrown at baloons and nothing is what it seems... the carnival.

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject:

No way, no day.

Not to be pessimistic, but what you're describing is outside the realm of human ability.

Do mysteries actually exist? Some say "maybe".
Others aren't so sure.
bruno

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

ruhandra wrote:
This is one that I really want to be able to do.

first you just roll it up your arm like you are doing a chest roll but you let it roll down to your stomach and as its rolling you bend backwards till your in a backbend, then stall it on your stomach.

I don't know how you would get out of it. anyone have any ideas about how to get out of it?

I think my back is not goog enough for this, but I think you should start by working the reverse move, if you don't have it yet. It should be easier and it would give you the path of the ball : Start on your stomach, and make the ball roll up toward the shoulder to go in an long arm roll or a chest roll. I bet the hardest part of the move you described is to stop the ball on the stomach ; so if you start from this point, it will increase your ability to control the ball on this point. Good luck, and don't forget to warm up !
cjugglerleo

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject: Cross training- toss multiplex contact

The new wave of highly experimental moves that I am attempting involve toss multiplexing (throwing two balls at once from one hand) and contact stalls with some arm rolls. Here's one sequence (it may be difficult to explain but please bear with me):

1.Start with two spheres in the right hand (one on the fingers, the other on the palm) and one in the left (left and right are interchangable of course but neccesary to illustrate).
2. Butterfly the single ball to the cradle so your arms are somewhat crossed (so far it seems easy).
3. Now simultaneously toss both balls in the right hand with a flick of the wrist and roll the left hand ball off of the wrist into the now vacant right and palm it.
4. at this point there are two balls in the air, one higher than the other, (boo me for not being strictly "contact" but this is the way I am expanding the art) and one in the right palm. Catch the lower ball in the left cradle and the higher ball in the right with the other ball palmed on the bottom.
5. Butterfly both hand out and you will be back in the starting position.

The entire exchange takes less than a second and has monumental room for expansion into armrolls and any three ball tricks. (not recommended with 4" acrylics, too hard to thumb-hold)
Stick Man

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

[Deleted due to the fact it was poop]

Last edited by Stick Man on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stick Man

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

“The Atomic Matrix” or “The Pepperoni Peanut Butter Cookie”

If the ball starts at your left shoulder, it will roll diagonally down your chest under your right arm. Then diagonally up your back to your left shoulder again.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject:

more and more I like the term matrix in describing these tricks.

You have be the "one" to pull them off.

they make more sense to me lately. In terms of how they feel, how to make it looked gracefull, and why they fit into my style.

I need to start really knuckling down again and get obssesive and get my heat back to start kicking their ass though.
Serith Seraki

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Ummm,this may be kinda off topic,but what about the move that that one woman did with ping pong balls,does that count?Don't think of me as a perv for this,I'm just writting this cuz my friend thinks that it's a move that should go into the CJ hall of fame....if there is one.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject:

ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: