ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
an isolations vid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 2:23 am    Post subject: an isolations vid

Something I filmed and put together today after school. Enjoy. I know I need to work on them, but im pretty pleased on how im progressing. Critiques welcome.

http://tinyurl.com/8suhe

Joseph
EdHughes

Location: Where darts are thrown at baloons and nothing is what it seems... the carnival.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 3:53 am    Post subject:

I thought a lot of them were pretty good!

the swingset stuff was inventive.

I enjoyed watching it and I laughed a lot. Your c.j. work has humor to it and is fun to watch.

Do mysteries actually exist? Some say "maybe".
Others aren't so sure.
WolfBare

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject:

I really liked the video..and I wanted to thankyou for the link to YouTube, now I can post vids once I get that far.

I like your ISOs. I think they are just as impressive as the rolls that people do. Also just as hard to get smooth.

Any hints you can share? I like the first ISO you did..but am no good with the names...
Ryan
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

Do you have a fan club?
Because I would like to join it.

Keep going. With a bit more polish in your technique and a bit more work on illusion, you'll be the king. And more jump kicks!

Can't wait for your next video.
If its better than that, I'm getting t-shirts made.

Ryan (who is apparently missing out on all the fun)
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

Yo that was sweet. Wicked. Do an isolation jump kick, lol.

Yep there is a twisthem488 fan club, its 14.99 for a years membership, please make all checks payable to Colin. Afterall I'm taking all the blame so I might aswell get all the 'credit' too.
GreenMonk

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2024 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Very nifty. Thanks for posting that.
Colin
It's Fruit of the Loom

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 12:43 am    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch.html?v=stexFaW1dk0

Evil Iso's
Twisthem488

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 1:53 am    Post subject:

Saw that. nice iso's. How long was the vid before it was sped up. Also, how long have you been CJ'ing. When i replied to your vid i didnt realize it was you nice stuff.

Joseph
Cameron

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 3:27 am    Post subject:

Hey Joseph nice stuff... although im a bit preplexed... What are you doing at the opening I cant figure it out i have a few speculations but nothing that seems to give me that kinda control or that smooth to much friction to do what it actualy looks like your doing I tried some other things and Maybe one of them might be right but Id like to know if you dont mind its verry cool...
Naf

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject: If only...

if i could cj half as good as that i'd consider myself pretty good compared to now hehe
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject:

that was cool.

The isolations are pretty good. I would say to slow down on some of them, for example enigma and gregs grip/squeeze ups. Use a bigger ball! When you're in the wooden huttype thing, try putting your wrist into that isolation more. Do circles with your wrist as you isolate the ball. That one looked like you were just flexing your fingers on the ball.

All in all, some really nice stuff.

Twisthem488

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2024 1:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all the compliments. It means a lot to someone just learning this stuff to hear that they are making progress. Sorry it took so long to post an actual reply to this but ive been bogged down with school and church lately. finally got a break yesterday but i decided to spend it on the set of Extreme Makeover with Tye Pennington pretty cool!

WolfBare wrote:
Any hints you can share? I like the first ISO you did..but am no good with the names...

Hints... Hmmm.. Im relatively new to contact. A couple months into it now and only a few weeks into iso's so im not sure if Im the best person to be giving hints but I'll tell ya I know. Or at least what I think I know.

Watch yourself. If you can use a mirror to watch yourself. It allows you to see your isolations from the spectators perspective so you can correct yourself accordingly.

Do not use a mirror for isolations if you are moving around and you want the ball to remain in the same location! As you move around your perspective changes, and if ball is directly in front of a tree and you move the ball will no longer look like it is directly in front of the tree to you even if the ball doesnt move. I learned this the hard way. After getting things working out in a mirror I got my camera and realized that even though the iso looked good in the mirror the ball would move when I would. Have someone watch you and tell what your or doing wrong if you are unable to tape yourself.

Be creative. There are plenty of iso's out there. But that doesnt mean that there arent more to be done. I was just playing around in this vid and the swingset stuff popped into my head the second I saw the swingset. I was freestyling across the street and randomly iso'd the ball behind my head as I walked sideways, and Im the first person ive seen (at least that i can remember) doing the first iso. Make up your own.

Practice and have fun with it!!. You can get into it a lot more and make it look much better if you are having fun with it!

@ Cameron
Im not sure what its called either. I dont think Ive seen anyone else do it so I dont know if it even has a name, although knowing you cunning fellow Its probably been done before. So if someone does know can you inform me of what its called?

Im uploading a video as I type this giving a brief description of how to do it. I have to tell you though, there is a reason I only did that iso in one location and that is because I had to lather the ball with lotion to be able to do it smoothly because of friction. I couldnt very well rub lotion on the ball and then wash it off in the tree or the playground. When the vid uploads I'll put it on the net and edit this post with a link to it.

@LTC
Thanks for the crits. The biggest ball I have is my 4" stage ball and I cant seem to do some of the iso's because of the low weight and high friction. It makes it very jaunty and not at all pretty to watch. I'll work on what you talked about and perhaps post another vid when Im not busy.

edit... I have the vid at
http://www.youtube.com/watch.html?v=pZNOZGLSBq4
Im whispering because it was 1 am and my rents were asleep across the hall. I hope it helps some. PS at the end its not supposed to just be, "I really dont like playing with the ball" but" i really dont like playing with the ball when its lathered in lotion.

Cameron

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2024 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Ahhh ok yes cool i have done that befor i guess i was being hopefull that you had found a way to do it with out something to make the ball slippery... hehe =) oh well fun and for a promo video or something would deffently be worht doing not to practicle other wise though =) but fun thanks =)
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> The Isolation Chamber All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: