ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
2007 Dot Org Xmas Tree VIDEOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: 2024 Dot Org Xmas Tree VIDEOS

Its that time of year again!

The tradition... December 25... Christmas morning, what does every contact juggler dream of?

That's right! A batch of new videos from your friends at contactjuggling.org! Rejoice in the joy of stumbling to the computer, bleary eyed and groggy on christmas morning to find a big batch of new videos from the .org community!

We're not out to show off big tricks here. You don't have to be a great juggler to make a great short video. Get into the holiday spirit, tell us about your big chistmas wishes, play around with those shiny chistmas ornaments. Decorate the house in true contact juggler fashion. Lock away your acrylics for a day and pack together some snowballs. Confuse the local shoppers at the mall and upstage Santa. Take a ball with you to the ice-rink. Spread the .org cheer.

This isn't for a low-res webcam video of your latest butterfly variations. No-one likes getting socks for christmas. Smile!

Make it special...
Show everyone your creative side.

General Reminders about the tradition of the DotOrg Xmas Tree:

- Videos are intended to be released on christmas morning (whatever time that is for you!) Post your link in this thread. If you wish to reserve your place in the thread order, make a reply now and create a short message to 'hold' your place. When you are ready to post your video, edit the post in this thread and place your gift under the tree

- Videos are meant to be FUN, not high-skill! This is a gift that we are giving to all the other members of the contact juggling community, so it really is the thought that counts.

- Direct links to actual hosted videos (wmv, mov, avi...) are preferred over Youtube/Google Video hosting. Best is to combine... try a http://megaupload.com/ link as well as a youtube post. I like to keep a collection of these in my own video library, rather than watching them online all the time. Plus.. the quality is higher if you size the video around 640x480 and host on http://megaupload.com/ or another hosting service.

2004 Videos Link - the original Xmas tree
2005 Videos Link
2006 Videos Link
Twisthem488
Holder of the Titanium Spork

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 2:46 am    Post subject:

Woot, I have a placeholder.

*edit* I still have to see if this video is going to work. I went out several days ago to film at the park. I had a friend with 2 cameras, and all my juggling equipment. The problem is that I got distracted with the rocks and never got to juggling until it was to dark to film.

Then I spent all day today filming with another friend at the mall, and when we were about to head out, we were stopped by a security guard. It turns out your not allowed to take pictures or film inside the mall, unless you cant tell from the footage where your at. This means that I have to edit out all the stores and signs and the like. I dont know if I'll be able to get that done with everything else I have to do. They also took down my information and the website and informed me that they would check the videos to make sure I was within their rules or legal action would take place. The good thing about that is that they dont know my screen name and will have to watch most all the videos before they find mine Anywho, we stayed a little later and got some stuff done in front of a blank pillar, but yeah, most of my footage is now useless unless I want to spend a butload of time cropping/bluring the footage. Meh, I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Twisthem488 on Mon Dec 24, 2024 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Spazzle

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

Finished at last! Roll on Christmas Morning!
daisylou

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Place reserved

Though mine is seriously behind schedule and yes, I am busy most days now till Christmas. I will have to squeeze filming time in Being as I failed to make one last year I am full of determination this Christmas
Ministry. Just like Colin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I suppose i shoudl reserve a place too.

<I saw a sneak peak of Daydreams video and its totally beautiful! I'm so excited!>
Thorn

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Oh me me! I'm concerned it won't be too spiffy because I haven't been practicing (bad Thorn! No biscuit), but I am going to try anyway.

http://thornnuminous.livejournal.com/
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I haz a video.

Last edited by daydream on Sun Dec 23, 2024 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
dzi3lak

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2024 5:26 am    Post subject:

and here will be mine ^^ (first one )
splinter

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

no promises but i shall reserve a spot for the moment
cant_think_of_a_name

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

Yeah me too.

(edit: just realised its xmas eve already. totally haven't had time to do one. Sowwy)

Last edited by cant_think_of_a_name on Sun Dec 23, 2024 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dizz
Not so Normal

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I have a vid so I'm in!
A moose

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2024 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I have a video! Currently it's all in my head, but soon, it will be in your eyes!
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: