ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Is there a tutorial for...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xdavidx

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject: Is there a tutorial for...

The isolation where you hold the ball with one hand and it looks like it's floating and your hand is moving around it? It's a very very basic isolation and I read somewhere how to do it or atleast how to practice it but can't remember where. When I try it I get a lot of up and down motion to the ball.
(Forged Youth)

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2024 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I am pretty sure that they cover that isolation in the "4 basic isolations" essay.

Meanwhile... i was once told that pretending to turn a door knob (your ball being the knob) that it helped getting that iso. That bit has helped me get it.
xdavidx

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject:

[quote="(Forged Youth)"]I am pretty sure that they cover that isolation in the "4 basic isolations" essay.

Meanwhile... i was once told that pretending to turn a door knob (your ball being the knob) that it helped getting that iso. That bit has helped me get it.[/quote]

I can do that. But you see some people who can not just turn it, but look like their moving their hand all around it, front, back, and to the side. I just have a hard time keepng it from moving up and down. I'm constaly looking at my girlfriend saying "can you see it moving?"
cant_think_of_a_name

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

The wonderful diagram found in this thred might help. http://contactjuggling.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.html?t=5457
Try to isolate the ball on each axis alone before combining them.
(Forged Youth)

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

Ya i've learned the going around it thing fairly well also just from going reallly slow.
he4rty

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject:

I tend to look at the ball and pick up on the reflection of something static in the ball like a door or window, then move my hand around and try to keep the image static in the ball, there are a few blind spot moments but on the whole it works for me.
xdavidx

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

[quote="he4rty"]I tend to look at the ball and pick up on the reflection of something static in the ball like a door or window, then move my hand around and try to keep the image static in the ball, there are a few blind spot moments but on the whole it works for me.[/quote]

I try this too. It seems that those when I get to those blind spots is when my hand decides to move.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> The Isolation Chamber All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: