ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Not quite Vancouver, not quite Seattle...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Velveteen

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject: Not quite Vancouver, not quite Seattle...

Allo all - I'm a contact juggler from Bellingham, WA, the fancified Seattle-Vancouver rest stop. I picked up contact juggling on a whim, and spent the next year at my boring video-arcade job practicing cradles and butterflies with oversized super balls (fun when you drop 'em!).

I'm a fairly accomplished DJ (for Bellingham, haha), so I've got a bunch of friends who insisted that I come out to Summer Meltdown, a local music festival. I ended up flagging down a contact-juggling crush from the area and picking her brain. In response, she lent me her contact ball and showed me a buncha new tricks, which stoked the fire something fierce.

Now I'm juggling for a few hours a week at a local circus's practice space (also studying poi, clubs, and a wee bit of aerial silk). Currently looking to double my amount of practice time during the week, seeing as I no longer consider myself a "beginning" contact juggler and want to spend as little time in the "intermediate" skill level as possible!

I'm up to learning one or two new tricks a week, and letting them settle into my routine the week afterward as I pick up other new stuff. Props to Brinechild, whose vids I regularly scour while looking to polish up my technique.

See y'all out there!
daydream
MoM Mobsta

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 12:39 am    Post subject:

wicked!! you're our neighbor! I will look forward to meeting you at the juggling conventions come spring.

Daniel was a very good contact juggler from your 'hood, I wonder when he comes back from traveling?
By now, I'm sure you've met the juggling jollies, whom come and play up our way fairly often!

We're holding a juggling convention March 14 - 16 next spring in Victoria, you simply must join us!

welcome to the board!

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 1:01 am    Post subject:

Sweeeeeet!

Yes, Daniel's spec-fricken-tacular. Word is that he took off to Merseilles by way of Paris, and is now CJing something like 20+ hours per week. I intend to eat his brain upon his return home.

And the Jollies are totally part of aforementioned circus troupe! We share a practice space every Monday. I am sure there will be meetings in the future...
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: