ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
3b palm spin help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
he4rty

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject: 3b palm spin help

Keep getting a stall point in the rotation, heres a short vid just to show you what I mean

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.html?viewkey=366205253b0914685088&page;=1&viewtype;=&category;=mr

Its from my little pinky into palm the problem arises, also is it just me but the balls sound so much noisier on video than when actually doing it.
dpizarro159

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject:

i dont know much of advice to give you, but you should try slower the palspin...

actually now that i see your video again.. i can tell taht you dont use your fingers to move the balls, instead your pushing the ball with your thumb and making them all spin, so try using all your fingers to move the ball from each stall

i actually make 3bpalspin with 3 acrylics of 90mm, and took me a lot of tiem to have it real smooth, especially the pinky, but with pratice you get used to fix mistakes
he4rty

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I have just started to practise the 1b circle so maybe that'll help with the finger movement.
Cannonballjames

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject:

ooh... the hard way. I just finally got counterclockwise spins in my right hand. They are SO much harder to me. Still can't keep a 4 ball stack together that way. What size spheres are you using? I know for me, both directions had stall points starting out. I joke about it, but I learned while driving in my car with clear acrylics on a sunny day. It didn't take too long of the sun shining through them to make my hand feel rather warm, so it kinda forced me to keep them moving... my other fingers kinda didn't know what to do either, for me that came with repetition. At first they kinda just followed the movement of the spheres, and as the motion started getting drilled in, they started actually helping out. My fingers were really involved at first, almost curling around the spheres, but gradually I've been able to flatten my hand out and my finger movements are much more subtle.

Hehe, I just did my 3 ball spin that direction, and that's about what mine looks like unless I go slow, like pizarro said. If I go slow, I can keep it pretty smooth. That direction just feels really unnatural to me for some reason. I know some people say the opposite though. I know a problem I used to have was when my pinkie pushed the sphere around the back of my palm, it would try to go up my arm instead of around. I started doing the spins further on my fingers and that seemed to help me. For example, I have one sphere just a little behind the center point on my palm, and the other two are pretty much completely on my fingers, so the little ridge on the edge and heel of my hand helps hold the one sphere on my hand as it rolls from pinkie to thumb. That also helped me keep my hand flatter and my fingers to stop hiding the spheres.

Oh, big thanks for letting me know about that site! A Christian video host, that is very cool! I'll probably set up an account there sometime.
he4rty

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject:

I'm using 2 1/2" balls at the moment, but that was one thing I noticed how far
my little finger is moving to keep the balls rolling, makes me wonder if I would be better with a larger size.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: