ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Warts and all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
he4rty

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject: Warts and all

Here it is me doing badly, but you'll get an idea of what I'm about

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.html?viewkey=a3c51b0a65481820bca3&page;=1&viewtype;=&category;=mr
Saulie

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject:

good stuff. Your multi ball work looks great. My level of palm spinning is no where near that.

Keep up the good work...

Please dont take this an an insult. But... I must say I was a little creeped out by the mask and the praise music. One or the other ok. But both together gave me the willies.

But if that is your thing, good stuff.

saulie.

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
he4rty

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2024 11:15 pm    Post subject:

The mask Idea is just something I was trying out, been doing a few masked sketches and thought about combining them.
Saulie

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 12:13 am    Post subject:

Its you and your art... Go with it...

I am not putting down the idea of a mask... I have been toying around with the idea of a "phantom of the opera" bit for several days now. So I am defineatley NOT putting down any idea of a mask. lol It just creeped me out a little with the music. Thats all.

saulie

Saulie@contactjuggling.org
he4rty

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of using a mask cause it neutralizes the face and puts more focus on the balls, but need to try it in white or as close as possible to my own skin colour, If your interested in masks the one I'm using is a papier mache mask from Hobbycraft about 3 quid I think.

Can't believe how ropey the butterfly's look when actually watching them, from my view point they looked ok'ish.
dirtyballs

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject:

hey, liked the mask. i think i should wear one until i learn to smile

What size balls are you using? ive been doing a bit of palm spinning and ive found it much harder than i expected when moving up to 3 and 4 in once hand.

do you do contact juggling as part of your clown act?
he4rty

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

There about 2 1/2" but still need to get a lot smoother, plus big hands help.

I do sometimes, the most common one I do is hand a ball to a child and tell them its all sticky, of course they'll disagree and hand it back as soon as I take it back I'll usually reply with it is now you've touched it and look disgusted at the ball the pretend to wipe it clean on them.

toying with and have tried briefly getting a ball out not being able to hold it so you sort of chase it round doing squeeze up type move eventually getting hold of the ball and pretend to put glue all over it, thus it then becomes stuck to your hand and unable to prise it off you decide to through at the audience big build up of getting them ready to catch the ball then as you go for the throw butterfly onto back hand and when back into the tray plane flipflop back into your palm, all this with the banter of did you catch it, looks toward hand oh its still stuck try again but with other side of audience, and then pardon the pun I get stuck and don't know how to carry on or finish.
Cameron

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Ok nice work I agree though the mask and that music just = kinda creepy when combined i think one or the other would be fine... I really like the mask idea if it wernt for my glasses id be out buying one RIGHT NOW.... lol i should probably just get less lazy and go try to find some contacts that dont drive my eyes nuts.
Elsie Dee
(LCD)

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Godtube, heh.

I'll be honest, I was quite surprised to find out it wasn't a joke, but surprised in a nice way though.

I've just got back from Venice, and seeing the mask/shirt combo took me back there! Had a look around the Basilica church at San Marco, most impressive..

You should get a good character to match the mask and apply it to the style of your CJ, it would be a nice twist.

Warts and all
he4rty

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2024 7:15 pm    Post subject:

It all originally stemmed from buying a book on commedia moves and techniques so I'm thinking of trying to combine the two the commedia style (very loosely) with the contact.

Do remember seeing some stud decorated 3" wooden balls in I*** wonder how they would work with the look, no good for Isolations though.
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: