ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Ruler of the Land!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loco Dantes

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject: Ruler of the Land!

Welcome to Ruler Of The Land, a topic started by PSO Queen for us to indulge in our zany, lighthearted sides.

Basic set up is similar to King of the Hill; someone is on the Throne, and to play, just post yourself usurping the current Ruler and taking it yourself. It can be as simple as walking up behind the Throne and pushing the person off, to as elaborate as hiring a squad of hirelings drawn from various fictional and real sources in a grand scheme that falls apart well before it's underway yet somehow manages through sheer dumb luck to work. The previous Ruler is allowed, even encouraged, to go and to retake the Throne at some point, either from the person who usurped them, or from whoever is unlucky enough to be sitting on the Throne when you get back ^_^

A few guidelines:

1. No permanent killing of anyone, unless said person was a disposable character in your own takeover attempt. You can push the current Ruler of the Land off the Throne, chase wild animals into the Throne Room to scare them away, tie them to a rocket and shoot them to the Moon, whatever - but make sure they have a way to come back to do all that and more to you. The whole point of this thread is to have fun watching the Throne change hands again and again after all. Besides - excessive blood and gore is not really fun.

2. No 'stuffing' the topic. Once you get the Throne, give people a fair chance to wrest it away from you. If the topic goes idle for a few days, a discrete bump is okay - Rulers can issue Royal Edicts or something and hopefuls can ominously allude to their upcoming diabolic schemes - but don't overdo it.

Multi-part Throne Takeovers are all right; please try to exercise moderation. More than Loranna at least ^_^

3. Should two or more people try to take over the Throne in the same time frame, the Throne changes hands in the order of peoples' posts and ignore any discrepancies in who is being usurped. Example, X has the Throne, Y and Z are all posting to take the Throne from X, and Y posts first followed by Z. Z gets the Throne, and any comments Z made about X should be assumed to refer to Y.

4. Avoid off topic posting. The occasional off-topic comment is okay - say hi to someone you haven't seen, rave for a line or two about the latest Zelda game, etc. - but beyond a line or two is not good.

5. PLEASE NO POSTING IN THIS TOPIC UNTIL THE PREVIOUS RULER OF THE LAND TOPIC IS CLOSED!!!. Throne Takeover participants have permission to copy this initial post verbatim (no changing anything though) to prepare a new Throne Takeover topic when the current one is almost full. Please preserve the bolding as well.

6. The throne's location may not be changed or moved. In the event of the throne being destroyed or altered of old age, a new one can and WILL be found inside the castle closet which has many neverending versions as replacement.

7. The castle may not be destroyed, moved from location or meaningfully altered in anyway. The PSO Royal Family enspelled the Castle to regenerate itself in case of major damage; minor redecorating is all right though.
Loco Dantes

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

*walks into the castle*
*sits on the throne*
Ruler of the Land

Now, lets see what you guys can come up with to get this from me

Illumilatte

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

Elly turns a crank which rotates gears causing a lever to move and push a stop sign against a shoe. The shoe tips a bucket holding a metal marble. The marble rolls down some rickety stairs and into rain gutter, which leads it to the helping hand rod. This causes another metal marble to fall from helping hand rod through a thing-a-ma-jig and a bathtub, to land on a diving board. The weight of the metal marble catapults a diver through the air and into the washtub, causing a cage to fall from top of the post and trap unsuspecting king.

Elly then take a spare throne out of the closet and becomes Ruler of the Land.
Jowze

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Mischievous look on the face
cartoon-like silent walk from pillar to pillar (yeh throne room all have pillars)

Plugs a whole load of TVs and puts the opening credit of Baywatch in loop, leaves the room, Locks and block every single exit, including the crazyhugesuperioritycomplexlike ceremonial door. Then listens at the helpless shouting and headbanging on the walls inside.

Opens the main door after 10 hours and avoid the flow of people rushing the hell out of the room crying for their lives. Observes in a self-satisfied way the former king crawling desperately out.

Smash the TVs, walk solemnly to the cool throne , give a nod to the still encaged ex-ex-king and becomes ruler of the land.
Dizz
Not so Normal

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2024 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Enters the throne room disguised as a serving wench. Offers Jowse some fresh brownies and waits patiently. As Jowse runs for the restroom, jump onto the royal throne as the former king is busy with a different kind of throne. Tosses her exlax brownie recipe.

New declaration: The ruler shall heresoever have a royal taster. >
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 12:06 am    Post subject:

Right, that's the henchmen sorted...

That'll be the snipers placed...

And that's the deadly ninjas all in postion...

*walks up to Throne*

Tiz my chare, hacktully, KTHXBY.

*takes a seat whilst the previous owner runs scared of my army of kitties.*
sylver_cat

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 3:55 am    Post subject:

Sylver was walking by the throne room went she saw an army of kitties...

-Ho cuuuuuutttte!! Kiiiiitttiiiess!!!!!!

She starts chasing them to give them hugs and.... like everybody knows, they never truly appreciate the love we give them. They run for their life (or pride?) and abandon the new king. Sylver looks at the king with flashy deadly eyes....

-Arrrre you a kitty toooooo....???

And awaits for an answer.
silver

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

while sylver-cat awaits an answer, silver comes in,reduces ltc's throne to ashes with 6 mirrors, some sunlight and a carefully placed acrylic. ltc's bottom and dignity are suitably scorched. Silver then removes loco dantes cage, and proclaims that loco dantes is ruler of the land

Silver stands behind throne rubbing hands and wearing a smirk of evil grand vizier proportions.
Kitsune_Whisper

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Kitsune walks into the room with a smile on his face, and proclaims himself to be tonights entertainer.
As he is doing his plethora of stupid human tricks and jokes, he is quietly humming the "song that never ends."
Both Silver and Loco Dante spend the night dream of sheep puppets and creepy old ladies. They are commited to the asylum by the next morning and Kitsune finds a nice seat on the throne where all his tails don't get too cramped.

Stupid chairs not made for 9 tailed fox people

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

-ee cummings

http://www.myspace.com/kitsune_whisper
cant_think_of_a_name

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Can't Think parachutes in from a nearby hot air balloon and lands silently behind the throne where Kitsune perches. Whipping Mr Stanley from her left shoe, Can't Think creeps up to the chair and severs the nine tails with a single whip of the knife. Kitsune falls forward and tumbles away from the throne. Can't Think isn't a mean person and so packages the tails in ice and sends them to the local vet.

Soon after, Can't Think declares herself ruler of the land

Can't Think also decides that it might soon be time to think of a better name!
silver

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

watch out, the lunatics have taken over the asylum.....
Kitsune_Whisper

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

acck my tails! Now I wish I was a lizard LOL. could just grow them back.
Kitsune plots revenge, and considers a bank hiest to get the money for the vet to retach his tails.

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

-ee cummings

http://www.myspace.com/kitsune_whisper
paradox
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Paradox discovers a time warp and journeys back to the dawn of Creation, builds a castle, crafts an ornate wooden throne, and declares himself Ruler of the Land.

Royal Edict: the word meaning "a speech defect consisting in pronouncing s and z like or nearly like the th-sounds of thin and this, respectively" will be known as "lisp"

edit: due to a point made in the very far future by sylver, the past becomes warped. the ornate throne is now made of magic wood that keeps the person sitting on it young for eternity, enabling them to be Ruler of the Land until dethroned, and the next Ruler shall be young for eternity as well.

Last edited by paradox on Tue Oct 16, 2024 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Royal

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject:

With a name like Royal it is obvious who the ruler should be!

Royal swings through on a rope and kicks Paradox from his ornate wooden throne and sits in the now empty furniture as Ruler of the Land.

I'm here to kick ass and play card games
...and I'm all out of cards
sylver_cat

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Sylver_cat was watching all that has happened and was wondering where Paradox had disapear (well, if you went to the Creation, your realm surely has kind of e.n.d.e.d in the present time, no?) She gives a business card to kitsune and smile showing her little fangs (cat-lady!!)

-Here's the card of a nice cheap vet I know. I like demon foxes, wanna plot with me against the king?
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Random threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: