ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
TX USA SphereCamp Nov 30-Dec 2 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

Have fun
Illumilatte

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2024 2:05 am    Post subject:

I suppose I should have asked this sooner, but what time in the morning does this start?
Caver

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Registration starts 10AM,
first scheduled activity 12:30

http://www.tryouttoys.com/spherecampw_schedule.html

Illumilatte

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 2:26 am    Post subject:

Back from Spherecamp the first day. The workshops were quite fun. I want to go back tomorrow...just don't know because of the money(well worth it...I'm just low on $$$).
Drew

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject:

So are you gonna tell us some news?
Illumilatte

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Hehe. Well, I got there at about 11:30 and everyone was out eating lunch and didn't get back until 2 when we started workshops.

Ewok did a cool "playshop" on multiball and I discovered my acrylics are too big for my hands...at least to start with.

The next workshop I did was for poi with Greg Malonado(sp?). Very cool guy, and informative intro workshop considering I knew nothing about poi.

Michael G. had a "dynamic sphereplay" workshop encouraging us to break out of the "box" of working right in front of our chest. It was interesting and there were balls flying everywhere since we had to take it indoors due to some rain.

We also had a cool belly dancing play shop, which was quite fun...though only one guy joined in towards the end . There was live music during that, I think they said by someone named Turtle, but I could be crazy.

I didn't stick around for dinner or the sphere jam, I had some stuff I needed to do around home. But I am sure it was fun.

It was actually really cool to be there, and I am disappointed I don't have the funds to go every day.

Putting faces to a lot of the names I've heard about, and meeting people I've seen in videos was very interesting. Actually seeing some good sphereplay in person was just as cool. I've really only seen minimal Sphereplay at the renfair booths. I'm actually inspired to start practicing more.
GreenMonk

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject:

Spherecamp was once again too cool for words. It was great seeing many old friends again, and meeting some cool new people.

In no particular order:

Thanks to Sticks for the play session on devil sticking. I like it enough to keep playing with them.

Thanks to Laura for help in picking out a diabolo and giving me some pointers.

Thanks to Greg Moldanado for his session on sphereplay. He was a most gracious teacher, being informative, humorous, and inspiring.

Thanks to Rich Schumaker for his session on different types of spheres. Rich has a great and weird sense of humor.

Thanks to Adam for the session on footplay, even though my body isn't really limber enough anymore to be able to do such things.

Thanks to Kevin and Kitty, for being you.

Thanks to AJ for being a cool guy.

Thanks to 27, for letting me walk you.

Thanks to Doval, Ruhandra and J.P. for taking me with you to the event and being great playmates.

Thanks to Eric (?) for filming everything.

Thanks to Sensei Strange for showing that you can CJ a deck of cards.

Thanks to Arsene for doing a good session on the importance of magic in performance and showing us a few good tricks.

Thanks to all the other folks that came out and played who I met but regretably I don't remember everyone's name. (This was the biggest Spherecamp so far!)

Thanks most of all to Michael and Jennifer for putting on yet another great Spherecamp. They deserve much applause and appreciation for pulling this off.
Zoc

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject:

Heya 'latte; pity you couldn't hang out more, but good to hear you still got more than some inspiration out of it...
It was a cool weekend, I enjoyed hearing feedback on my stuff (impressions, what stands out, what resembles other styles, and what draws attention), and hanging out with others from the board (and with people from outside the juggling community; although I don't think I met everyone there)
I'll guess try to fill in some of the weekend's time line...

the UV jam session was pretty cool, especially with Turtle and others drumming. I didn't hang out after the hall closed, wanted to rest up for Saturday...

Noel - Contact staff: Steves, Matrices, and floorwork. Double staff: beats, timing, and isolations...

Arsene - juggler/magician/performer. Lots of good advice of performing for the audience and holding/stretching moments. Cups & Balls demonstration.

Talent Showcase (in order I remember them, not the order performed):
Elijah + Koi: Rope magic, juggling, sword swallowing
AJ, ______, me, then Michael + Jennifaerie: spheres
Olivia: Hoops
Noel: Staff
Stix and Adam: crystal stix
I might be forgetting a few....

Afterparty + firespinning (poi, torch juggling, ball-contact, staff, rope-dart, hoop, fan, more poi, more staff, and more ball-contact/hot-potato). Never seen anything other than torch juggling before... cool stuff, but I don't think I'll be practicing it much at home

Sunday morning acro-balancing...
left early to catch my 3:30 flight since I didn't realize a lot of people where staying through most of Sunday

that's enough rambling I guess... I noticed Sensei Strange and one other guy filming quite a bit; Balthazar and others should have plenty of good photos...
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> CJ Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: