ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
no idea what to call this motion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasona

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject: no idea what to call this motion

an idea has been slowly forming in my mind. very recently, it has become distinct enough for me to practice. initially, the idea was to point my fingers towards the sky, have my hand draw a circle and have a ball following it somehow. later i realized that i wanted the ball to travel on the fingers (non palm) and to roll in a circle around them (cradle to pinky to underside of pinky to second finger to cradle). sometime recently, i started thinking about how cool the idea behind the windsheildwiper was: throwing the ball and following it with my hand. immediately i connected all of the dots.
throwing the ball from the cradle into the pattern. tilting the hand and constantly applying enough force so that if you don't curve the balls path with your hand in time it goes flying across the room. tracing a circle with your hand and keeping the ball on the inside of that circle. keeping it on the inside requires rolling it over the sides of the fingers which makes the balls rolling path a circle around the fingers.
this would be much easier to explain with a video, but i don't have the equipment. hopefully, if someone figures out what i'm talking about, they can tell me if this is already out there and point me towards it. if its not out there, then maybe someone can describe it better than i did

i'm having alot of fun with the centrifugal force. whenever i don't move my hand alongside the ball in time to curve its path it usually ends up colliding with something electrical. my laptop has suffered the most
paradox
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2024 12:16 am    Post subject:

sounds cool! keep us posted
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: