ContactJuggling.org Forum Index ContactJuggling.org
Half dance, half juggling, half mime, half magic....I'm a contact juggler, not a mathematician

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Pyramid! Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsune_Whisper

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject: Pyramid! Help

I'm not sure how to keep the pressure on the base as one ball comes around the inside of my palm before it hits my pinky.

The top ball always falls towards my fingers at that point

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

-ee cummings

http://www.myspace.com/kitsune_whisper
he4rty

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

The first thing I noticed when trying a pyramid was that the weight of the top ball kept push the others outward and I never really got much rotation because I was always trying to keep the other balls together, I found that by using a smaller ball on top the weight being less than the base meant they stayed together easier and then could concentrate on rotation and level of the stack before trying with the same size ball again.
Look!_This_Chånges!
Messing with Heads

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Practise simply holding your pyramid in your hand, no turning, with tthe balls in as many different positions on your hand as you can.

try holding your hand in different positions too.

That should sort you out.
mot
admin

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject:

I'm not great at advice, but....

I would say tilt your hand upwards at the crucial moment, at least for now, until your get full revolutions. Then work on flattening it out. Make gravity your proverbial bitch
Cannonballjames

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I think everyone that can do this trick was haunted by it for a while... what worked for me is (like so many things) get it smooth SLOW without the top ball. Get the finger movements fluid where there's no stopping points in the motion of the spheres. Now for silence. If you hear the balls clinking together, they are separating, and the top ball will drive them apart. When I do mine, the spheres will roll from the thumb in an arc around the meaty part of the back of the hand (I do mine clockwise in the right mainly, still working on the other way) so that ridge at the back of the palm keeps them from falling off. I think I have my palm tilted slightly forward and my fingers slightly back, so my hand is making a very gentle V shape, so the spheres are still spinning flat. And as I got more comfortable with it, I've been able to flatten my hand out more. Once you've got the base spinning smoothly without clinking, add the top ball. The palm spin will be nearly second nature now, so all your focus can be on keeping the top ball centered and balanced, you won't have to focus on the rotation so much. If you practice using clear spheres in the sun, something about a stationary sphere burning your flesh will somehow make your body catch on to keeping them moving a little faster I think.... hehe
       ContactJuggling.org Forum Index -> Tricks and Moves All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: